3 Months Postop. Breast Feels Hard but PS Says Everything is Fine. Should I Get a Second Opinion?

I was out of state for a few weeks and out of nowhere I get this pain in my right breast and it begins to feel hard. It lasted about a week and then the pain and tightness began to subside but I made an appointment when I got back just to be sure. My PS says there is only a little bit of tightness in the other breast and nothing is wrong. Even though it doesnt feel as hard as it did now, I dont think what I went through was normal. Should I see another surgeon to get another opinion in it?

Terry A. Cromwell M.D.

If you feel the problem with pain and firmness of your breast 3 mos. post aug. was not addressed then yes, get another opinion. It sounds like the problem improved on its own,but capsule formation can start at 3 mos.With saline implants massage can be helpful.

Lafayette Plastic Surgeon