3 Months Post Op - Unhappy with Rhinoplasty Results? (photo)

I had a Rhinoplasty 3 months ago. 2 days post op I had a car accident and the airbags deployed right onto my nose.I had a splint on but my nose was bleeding excessively.My doctor saw me 2 days later and said my nose was VERY swollen but the splint protected the structure of the nose+sutures were still in tact but said that only time will tell if it affected my nose. I hate my nose and I feel it has taken the shape of the splint-esp in the bridge area. Any advice on trauma affecting nose shape?

Follow up with your surgeon and be patient...

+1

This is an unfortunate story.  The splint can protect from some minor trauma but in my experience any major stress of the early postoperative result such as what this patient describes can be a disaster.  An appearance of a “splint shaped” nose could be due to the excessive swelling which resulted from the airbag trauma.  This could be temporary.  I always remind my patients that many months to a year or two could be needed to allow excessive swelling to resolve.  In any case, 3 months is still well within the early period.  Close follow-up with your surgeon is recommended.

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

+1

From your very good description of the accident following a rhinoplasty with "excessive bleeding", I might have re operated on you at that time. Because now it appears as the accident dislodged things. Wait a few more months than have re operation. BTW your auto insurance should pay for the surgery. Best to you. 

Injury after rhinoplasty

+1

Your car accident was very unfortunate. I think that you just need to wait till all the healing is complete. This can certainly take up to a year. Keep in touch with your surgeon. I'm sure he/she will want to help you. Good luck.

Ronald Schuster, MD

Swelling after rhinoplasty can last up to one year

+1

It is too soon to tell what the final outcome will be.  I always tell my patients that their noses can look distorted for many months post surgery regardless of the car accident.  The worst thing you can do is have a revision surgery to address things that would have resolved on their own once the swelling comes down.  Additional photo views would also be helpful.

Good luck.

Ran Rubinstein, MD

Ran Y. Rubinstein, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

It is very hard to evaluate the result based on the pictures submitted

+1

I would recommend in person consultation withe your surgeon and discuss your dissatisfaction with the result. You can submit full frontal and side view for better evaluation. 

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon