3 Months Post Op - One Side Lower Crease and Different Size and Size - What Should I Do? (photo)

Hello, I had a breast augmentation 3 months ago. I am worried that I my left crease is not the same as the right crease and the size and shape are not the same. I did have a slightly higher crease pre op. I mentioned this and slight size difference pre surgery. He did not feel that different sized implants were required so I got the same size. He did say that he would lower both the creases to fit the implants. Do you think they will even in time or will I need surgery again to correct this? Do you think this is my final result?

Breast Asymmetry

+1

The photos appear to show a very good result and a huge improvement over the preoperative image.  I would not revise the surgery.

3 Months Post Op - One Side Lower Crease and Different Size and Size - What Should I

+1

Even with the poorly posted photos the result looks acceptable at this early stage. Maybe you need to have a one on one with your surgeon to fully understand realistic expectations and the future results you should be expecting. I see NO need for revision at this time. 

You do not need revision

+1

You have great results. You had uneven breast before and mild scoliosis.Your left shoulder is higher and that make your left breast crease higher. Breast augmentation can not make breasts 100% symmetrical. There is asymmetry but your results are what you should expect from breast augmentation.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry

+1

No two breasts are exactly the same and I think that you cannot expect yours to be identical.  There will be some fold discrepancy.

Postop asymmetry

+1

Thanks for your question and especially thanks for submitting a preop and postop pic! I absolutely agree with you that you had a slight asymmetry that is still present. Despite trying to lower the fold and stretch the lower pole, sometimes the problem is not completely corrected. An augmentation will amplify an asymmetry and the larger the implant the more noticeable it becomes. I would not recommend doing anything at this point. No one has mirror image breasts. If the position seems to bet worse over time you can consider trying to open up the left pocket inferiorly and/or changing to a smaller size implant. Either was I would wait at least 6 months from the time of surgery. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD