3 Months After Eyelid Surgery and Canthopexy, I Still Have Bruising and Blurry Vision?

I had upper and lower eyelid surgery and canthopexy and I still have bruising under my eyes, my upper eyelids are very red and I have blurry vision. My doctor doesn't seem very concerned, but I am. help!

Bruising and Redness 3 Months after Upper and Lower Blepharoplasties

+1

Bruising and redness 3 months after eyelid surgery is unusual, but this can happen.  Dry eye is the most common cause of blurry vision after these surgeries.  An ophthalmologist can examine for visual changes and causes.

+1

If your doctor is an Oculoplastic surgeon then in all likelihood he has examined you for dry eyes, eyelid malpositions, and all the immediate things that can happen to your eye after blepharoplasty that would cause decreased vision.  If he is not an Oculoplastic surgeon, you should see an Ophthalomolgist to check your blurred vision.

The bruising is atypical, but unfortunately it can happen sometimes. Therefore, if your surgeon has examined you and doesn't see anything, then probably there is nothing to be done immediately.  You can always get a second opinion.

Sam Goldberger, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

+1

You may want to discuss these issues with the plastic and cosmetic surgeon that did your eyelid surgery and perhaps have an eye examination to rule out dry eye.