3 Mo Post Ba Uneven Will Fix Itself or Need Revision? (photo)

I'm 106 5'2 and had 400 cc silicone unders mod plus 3 months ago today. I was told it will take time to drop into place, however the left one has always been higher and hasn't yet dropped .. In time will this heal or do I need a revision? Helpp

Breast asymmetry

+1
It looks like you are still in the early stages of healing and have much swelling to resolve.  Assess the quality of your result at about six months following surgery.

Uneven 400 cc Breast Implants at 3 Months May Need Revision at 6 Months

+1

Thank you for your question. Continue your massage downward on left side and not on right. This may help.

From your photo my guess is that you will need a revision at 6 months. A capsular release and pocket enlargement will likely be required.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Breast Augmentation and High Implants after 3 Months

+1

Although massage may not help at 3 months, aggressive massage until 6 months may produce a change.  At 6 months, revision can be considered.  Kenneth Hughes, MD breast augmentation Los Angeles, CA

Asymmetry

+1

The left implant looks like it is riding a little higher. Aggressive massage at this time is a good option. You may need surgical revision.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Breast assymetry after breast augmentation

+1

To me slight assymetries will resolve without further surgery.  This one will not. It isi likely that an extensive capsulotomy will be required on the left breast.  The right breast looks good to me.

Talmage Raine MD FACS

Talmage J. Raine, MD

3 Mo Post Ba Uneven Will Fix Itself or Need Revision?

+1

Seek revision of the left side due to a pocket issue. Only re opening the pocket will allow decent of the implant. 

Some changes may still occurr but less with time

+1

Thank you for the question and photos.  Although some changes may still be seen with additional time for healing the amount of change that can be expected is diminishing.  No harm will come from waiting longer but I think there is a reasonable chance that you will decide to undergo a revision down the road.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Breast Implant Asymmetry

+1

Thank you for the picture.  It appears that you have two different breast shapes (breast pockets).  It has been 3 months and more settling at this point is unlikely.  You will need a revision.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Breast implant take time to settle in

+1

It is quite possible that there was some difference in mammary fold position and nipple position of your left breast compared to the right side before surgery.  It is not uncommon to have differences in size, shape, nipple and fold position between both breasts.  A careful look at your pre surgical photos can help in trying to figure out what is going on.  However, it may take up to six months for the implant to settle and during that time massage may be helpful.

Also it is helpful to check if the left implanted breast has the same softness as the right.

Dev Wali, MD
Claremont Plastic Surgeon

Uneven breasts

+1

Sorry that you feel your breasts are uneven.  I will bet that if you look at your pre-op photos they were also a bit different. Most likely the folds were where they are now. Remember no two breasts are exactly the same. If not, you may need a revision.  Best to wait a bit longer. Good luck.