I have a 3 finger gap cleavage, I want to have close to a no gap. Is it possible? If so what kind of implant and what size?

I am currently 5"5 115lb 32A

Cleavage space?

+1

Following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do without having two dimensional photos and without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medicalhistory and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon certified by the American Board of American Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The AmericanSociety for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, M.D., FACS

La Jolla, California

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Cleavage space options need to be discussed with every patient.

+1

An answer to your question is a common part of the consultation for breast augmentation surgery. The gap between the breasts after this surgery is mostly influenced by your pre-operative anatomy and the chosen surgical plan rather than the size or type of implant used. 

Most women want to avoid a large gap or "trough" between their augmented breasts. Discussing how to optimize this feature as well as how to best achieve improved proportions and shape must be done during the consultation.  I have also found that Vectra 3D imaging has been very helpful in demonstrating to my patients what spacing between their breasts can be achieved. 

Dr. Mosher

Mathew C. Mosher, MD
Vancouver Plastic Surgeon

Best Breast Implants for Me?

+1

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as  “natural”  or “C or D cup”  etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

The use of computer imaging technology may also be very helpful during this communication process.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to larger breast implant concerns) help.

More information is needed.

+1
Even knowing you are 5'5" tall, weigh 115 lbs., and wear a 32 A bra, measurements and examination will be needed to answer your question with any degree of certainty. You would also likely find that several consultations with ABPS-certified plastic surgeons who are also ASAPS members and do lots of breast surgery will yield different opinions, so it might be wise to do just that. Get several opinions and see what makes sense to you, along with looking at lots of before and after photographs from the surgeon you might ask to perform your breast augmentation.

As a general answer I would suggest the latest generation of cohesive silicone gel implants, smooth round, submuscular placement, appropriate inferomedial partial muscle fiber release, meticulous technique for minimal bleeding, bruising and no-touch Keller Funnel implant insertion for the least risk of capsular contracture. Profile should be in accordance with size choice, then selecting the width that most closely approximates your pocket base diameter to within 1 cm of the midline on each side. Any closer and you risk symmastia (uniboob).

For more information you can start by clicking on the web reference link below for my Comprehensive Guide to Breast Augmentation. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon