What is "3-D Liposculpture"?

I've seen on a few sites procedures called "3-D liposculpture", what is this exactly and how does it differ from regular liposuction?

3-D Liposculpture is a marketing catch phrase. Liposuction is always 3-D, results depend on the skill of the doctor.

+2

3-D is another catchy marketing term.  All liposuction, liposculpture, body contouring etc. is 3-D.  The ultimate results are a result of the skill of the doctor performing the procedure and the after care that you and he/she do together.  Do your due diligence.   Look at lots of before and after photos of procedures the doctor has personally performed.  Check references and reviews and talk to other doctors and patients for second opinions.  If everyone starts giving you the same name as the best doctor to perform the procedure, that's your doctor.

Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

3-D liposculpture

+2

Thank you for your question. Not sure what 3-D liposculpture, But I am waiting for the 4-D high definition to come out.

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

3-D Liposculpture?

+2

Sounds like another catchy marketing phrase to me. All liposuction is by nature a "3-D" procedure. An experienced, qualified, thoughtful plastic surgeon will take into account the three dimensional aspect of your body whenever doing liposuction. By calling it 3-D liposculpture they are trying to suggest that they're providing something unique or better. I think you would be better off focusing on the education, skill, and experience of your surgeon when deciding what type of treatment to consider.

Braden Stridde, MD
Federal Way Plastic Surgeon

3-D Liposculpture

+1

3-D liposculpture was been available since the introduction of liposuction and is the only method of liposuction available.  There is no 2D liposuction available.  4-D liposculpture is also available if you consider that the fourth variable is time.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Liposuction Los Angeles, CA

Liposuction is not Liposculpture

+1

I would encourage you to check out Hi definition liposculpting which we perform in our facility and compare results posted on sites that claim to perform "3-D liposculpting" and make sure that the results posted are performed by their own surgeons.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Brookline Facial Plastic Surgeon