Does $3,000-$4,000 Sound Like an Average for a Chin Implant?

What do these costs usually entail for a chin implant?

Cost

+1

The cost of surgeries will vary quite a bit depending on what part of the country you live in, the size of implant, the kind of sedation and so on. I would advise you to have in-person consultations with reputable surgeons in your area.

However, you should also do some research on the best doctor for you and your goals. Price should not be the determining factor. Skill, credentials and your instinct should also be a determining factor in your decision making.

Good luck with your search!

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Average cost of chin implant

+1

Yes, that is the average price for a chin implant, which includes the operating room, any anesthesia costs, and the surgeon’s fee for performing the surgery and the implant itself.  The chin implant can be performed under a local anesthesia rather than general anesthesia, which can save a patient several hundred dollars.  Silastic chin implants work the best for that type of chin correction.  

Chin implant fees

+1
The price range you quote would be reasonble in NY and would include the surgeon's fee, facility fee, anesthesiologist and the cost of the implant itself. I perform chin liposuction under local but the implants need some sedation to be comfortable during the procedure.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Cost for Chin Implant

+1

Costs for cosmetric facial surgery will vary dpending on geographic location, the experience of your surgeon, anesthetic technique, and facility fees. $3,000 - $4,000 for chin impant placement  is not unreasonable.

+1

In Miami that is very high fee quote you have. Average in Miami is $2,000. But there are always issues to why your quote was so high. 

Cost of chin implant

+1

For a surgeon's fee alone that towards the high end.  Consider, though, is that with the any facility or anesthesia fees added?  If you're doing this under local anesthesia only then that would more than average but they can vary widely.

I charge $2,900 to $3,300 depending on the work, is the first surgery, etc.  I do mine under local, mostly, and do not charge anesthesia or facility fees.

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant costs

+1

The cost of chin implant surgery will vary quite a bit depending on what part of the country you are in. Also, the cost will be higher if you are having the procedure in an operating room with an anesthesiologist (versus in the office).

What would be most helpful is for you to get a few price estimates from surgeons in your area as that will give you a better idea of the typical range of prices. You don't want to just go with the least expensive surgeon, necessarily, as surgeon expertise and judgement are worth paying for in this type of situation.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Chin Implant Costs

+1

That seems a bit high to me but depends if it is just the surgeon's fee or if that price includes the facility (operating room) and anesthesia fee.

For the most part, I would base your decision on the expertise of your surgeon and not price.  You really don't want to skimp on your face...Good luck!

Hannah Vargas, MD
Kansas City Facial Plastic Surgeon