Is 2weeks Enought Time to Recover Before Going Back to Teaching After Breast Enlargement?

I'm a teacher and would like to have breast enlargmenet surgery at the start of the christmas break, this would mean I would have 2 weeks to recover. Is this long enought, or do I have to wait for the 6 week summer holiday?

Barring complications two weeks should be adequate for your recovery.

+1

Given you are not teaching physical education then the two weeks should be adequate. You will not be completely comfortable but you will be able to function without the need for narcotics. You should also be capable of driving to and from your school if need be. Of course, this time frame is dependent upon a complication free recovery.

Two weeks off for breast augmentation

+1
For the type of work you do, two weeks recovery should've more than enough, but always get the final approval from your plastic surgeon. At two weeks, for my patients, the only restriction would be heavy lifting, working out, or sexual activity, for which you would have to wait three to four weeks.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Two week recovery following breast augmentation is more than adequate for teacher

+1

A two week recovery following a breast augmentation is more than enough with regards to your job as a teacher. Most of my patients who are teachers do successfully return to school within 5 - 7 days - so don't worry!

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

+1

You a cutting it close but it can be done. But you are not going to have a very happy Xmas and New Year while recovering - pain in healing. Best of luck. 

2 weeks is generally long enough

+1

Usually I tell my patients that if the worked for me, that I would give them 5 days off for the surgery.  Seventy percent of my patients are on tylenol 24 hours after surgery.  They may be "walking wounded" for a couple to 3 days after surgery.  Two weeks is more than enough in my practice for sure!

Dan Mills, MD

Breast enlargement, breast implants, breast augmentation, recovery time

+1

Most patients are back to work within 4-5 days of surgery, as long as their job doesn't require heavy lifting. We suggest patients also avoid pushing and pulling for some time and wear a compression-sized sports bra for about a month.

Donna Rich, MD

Recovery Time from Breast Augmentation

+1

Average time for pain pill use after breast augmentation is three days.  Discomfort may occur with flexion of the pectoral muscle (in a dual plane augmentation) for four to six weeks.  Fatigue can last a month after any procedure.  Most women return to work in 5-7 days after breast implant surgery, even though they may still feel a bit tired.Your two week break in December should be plenty of time.  Let someone else cook Christmas dinner this year and enjoy this gift to yourself. 

Mary Lee Peters, MD

Two Weeks Adequate For Recovery After Augmentation

+1

Unless an unforeseen problem arises, two weeks should be more than an adequate period of time to take off from teaching after undergoing an augmentation mammoplasty.  Some women whose occupations involve heavy lifting or straining will require a longer period of time before returning to work.

John Whitt, MD

2 weeks recovery enough post breast augmentation

+1

if all goes well with surgery, 2 weeks should be more than enough time to return to work as a teacher. care with the amount you lift, and over activity with your arms, but you should be fine

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

Recovery after breast augmentation

+1
Typically, most women are well enough to return to work one week after a breast augment. You certainly aren't going to feel a 100%, it takes 6 months before the implants feel like they are a part of you. For most women, 90% of the recovery is going to happen in the first three weeks.

Robert M. Jensen, MD
Medford Plastic Surgeon