2nd Tummy Tuck After 2 Children. Can I Expect a Lower Scar and Can the New Stretchmarks Be Removed or Just Stretched? (photo)

I have two young children, they are 17 months apart. I am 6 weeks post pregnancy and have 29 pounds to lose. I had a tummy tuck without muscle tightening 10 years ago. I now desire to have a full tummy tuck but I am not sure what I can expect. The skin below my old scar is very stretchy but the skin above my old scar has fat under it so I cannot tell how "loose" it truly is. However, it is quite a bit looser than it was before my 2 back to back pregnancies. Thank you for your advice/time.

Repeat Tummy Tuck

+1

You are a good candidate for scar revision, liposuction of the hips, flanks, and abdomen as well as a second tummy tuck to repair your muscles and remove excess skin. In this process, the indentation of the scar should be improved, the scar could be lowered some and your abdominal contour improved. An in-person consultation would be required to formulate the specific operative plan and to answer your specific questions. Consult with a surgeon certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery and a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery to acquire the detailed information that you need to make an informed decision.

2nd Tummy Tuck after 2 children

+1

You are   a  good   candidate   for  a    second   TT.  , it  has  passed  a long    time    and   gaining weight   , the pregnancy and      and  the years   after    surgery    gives     you some advantages    to think  in    another   Tummy tuck .,   OF    course       it  should   be  combined   with   a  liposuction   of   lower and middle  back ,   to    reshape    your   waist line     and  make  your   body   more  curved  ,   of   course  this  new   time   you  should  make   the  muscle  tightening (plicature)  because     it    gets   loose ,   and  will  give  the   surgeon laxity  to  the     skin  wich is   going    to be   excised .    It  is  going    to be  a  lot  of  improve     in    your  whole   body    with   this  2  procedures . IF   YOU Are    an  smoker     remember   to stop   at  least    2   0r  3 months  before your  planning  to have  your surgery , and   of  course   choose  a certified   plastic   surgeon

Cynthia Disla, MD

Revision of an abdominoplasty

+1

You may benefit from liposuction of the trunk including the posterior hips and flanks and a lowering of the incision.  If there is laxity of the anterior abdominal wall this can be improved by raising the skin flap and repairing the muscle.  You do not appear to need a lot of skin excision to get the result that you desire.  

2nd Tummy Tuck After 2 Children. Can I Expect a Lower Scar and Can the New Stretchmarks Be Removed or Just Stretched?

+1

I think that the scar can be lowered and the result improved.  The plication of the muscles should create more effective skin laxity as well as the weight loss.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tucks and tummy tuck revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

2nd Tummy Tuck

+1

I think that you could have your old scar lowered but you might end up with a short vertical scar from closure of you belly button. There might be other options like a modified tummy tuck - where you could have aggressive liposuction, even muscle tightening and lowering your old scar without moving your belly button. It really depends on the quality of the skin above your belly button. This can only be determined during an examination. Good luck.

Ronald Schuster, MD

Can I Expect a Lower Scar and Can the New Stretchmarks Be Removed

+1

These questions will be much better answered after some more time passes and when you are closer to your desired weight. I am quite certain you can have a lower incision. As to how the TT will be carried out, and how much skin will come out this time, it is too early to tell. At any rate, photos alone will not be enough--your answer will come after an in person consultation and examination.

Thanks for this question, all the best.