2nd Tray on Top Isn't Fitting Right. What To Do?

So I have had my first set of trays in for 2weeks,last night i put in my 2nd set they fit perfect on the bottom,and the top but on the right side at the top my very last tooth it is not gripping to the tray. Can someone tell me what this means?

If Invisalign trays don't fit, ask your doctor

+2

There are a number of reasons why the tray may not be seated.  Try placing the tray on the offending tooth first, and then rotate it around to go over all the other tooth.  If you can get it at least part way on, I'd give a few days to see if it works it's way on.  If not, call your doctor.  There are also some little chewy things you can get to help see difficult trays. But as another doctor said, it may need some adjustment by your doctor.

Atlanta Orthodontist

Fully seating the Invisalign tray

+2

Since this is just your second tray, the lack of fit may be due to an aligner insertion issue. In some patients the aligner has to be manipulated around crooked teeth to allow full seating. Perhaps your doctor made an adjusment to the first tray that needs to be repeated for the second one? Alternatively, the edge of the plastic may have doubled over on a neighboring tooth, preventing full seating. In rare cases an individual aligner may be distorted, in which case the number three could fit just fine. When you see your doctor be sure to bring both your number one, two and three trays, so they can compare the fit. Good luck!

Rob van den Berg, DDS, MS
San Ramon Orthodontist

Ask your doctor or use Chewies

+1

If a tray is not fitting properly you should consult with your orthodontist. However, sometimes a tray will not grip a certain tooth fully until a particular movement is accomplished. I recommend using “chewies” to my patients when they insert their aligners. This helps tremendously in the seating of trays. On occasion there could also be an Invisalign laboratory error that might result in a tray fitting improperly. In that case, a new tray can be ordered from Invisalign by your orthdontist.

Janet H. Stoess-Allen, DMD
New York Orthodontist

Tray doesnt seat

+1

YOU NEED TO LET YOUR DR SEE THE TRAYS. WIGHT BE A SIMPLE ISSUE OR YOU MIGHT HAVE NOT GOTTEN ENOUGH MOVEMENT WITH TRAY ONE. YOUR DR ID THE ONLY ONE TO REALLY HELP YOU NOT THE INTERNET

Jacqueline Demko, DDS, MSD
Chesterfield Orthodontist

2nd invisalign tray not fitting well

+1

It is very rare for a 2nd invisalign tray not to fit.  It may be due to an insertion issue.  I would contact your dentist and let them know your concern and they may want to see you to check what the problem may be

Leonard Tau, DMD
Philadelphia Cosmetic Dentist