Should More Muscle Cutting be Done to Make Room For Left Breast Implant? (photo)

Surgery 4Jan.In left breast tried release muscle+open a little more pocket from both,right was getting V form due pockets weren´t big enough as should be.Sewing upper pole of the left implant,+cutting the muscle of the lower part of both breasts to make implant comfortable to correct previous problem.I´m taking massages trying positioning left implant in new pocket,I think muscle has´nt been cut all it should be,fisio helps,maybe more cutting should be done to finally liberate left?Thank-you ver

Revisions after surgery

+1

are best put off as long as you can to allow yourself to heal as completely as possible.  Your upper poles appear very symmetrical and if things do not change and you are happy with your upper pole appearances, focus on what can be done to the deficiencies and fat grafting is relatively simple that can make it fuller in that area.  If your implants end up being malpositioned, that is a different problem. that likely will need more surgery.  But for the moment, give it time.   Overall, you're looking very good and time may make it good enough.

Give it more Time or have Surgery to further enlarge Breast Implant pockets?

+1

If the breat implants are properly chosen, the pockets made to house them are properly created AND checked with the patient in the upright sitting position during surgery  there should be no need to post-surgery "acrobatics". At this point I would not suggest any more surgery. Allow time and gravity to do their healing. 

Breast asymmetry

+1

At least from your photos, it looks like things are improving,. You really have to give it 3-4 months to see how things will finally look.

+1

A posted before photo would really help? I bet you were very assymetric before. Appears as if you are improving. Wait at least 3 months before doing any more revisions. 

Muscle cutting and breast asymmetry

+1

You will need to wait some time to see if the result is acceptable to you.  If revision is needed after months of waiting I would suggest a slightly smaller implant in a 'cold-subfascial plane'.  in this way the muscle can return to a more anatomic position and does not influence breast form.  I never cut the muscle as it results in strange animating forms( put your hands on your hips and press down hard and you will see what I mean).  I never involve the muscle in breast augmentation, I rely on the muscles strong coating called fascia for support and definition.  The way the muscle is now will surely create strange changes evey time you move your arms.  you are also developing symmastia which is best corrected with a change to subfascial plane.  Wait a few months and see whether or not you are happy.  You may be very satisfied, if not I would recommend the above plan.  I hope this helps!

Rian A. Maercks M.D.

Rian A. Maercks, MD

Breast Asymmetry after Revisionary Breast Surgery?

+1

Thank you for the question and series of pictures.

I would suggest that you wait at least 3 to 6 month before evaluating the end results of surgery. Hopefully, the left breast and travel continue to “settle” and no further surgery will be necessary. If this does not occur then additional capsulotomy may be helpful to improve the contour of the left breast and symmetry of the breasts.

Continued to follow-up with your plastic surgeon.

Muscle in breast implant pocket

+1

It is too soon to say that anything surgical should be done.  Continue with massage and a close follow up plan with your doctor.  Give it 4-6 months and see.  If you cut the muscle the implant can descend and bottom out so don't jump to this or overly masage.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS