6 months post op of Rhinoplasty, I had my 2nd steroid shot for a supratip swelling. How long does the injection last? (photos)

I'm 6 months after rhinoplasty. Had a terrible supratip swelling. Got my first steroid injection after 3 months, the result was ok, but then my swelling came back. Now after another 3 months i have received another shot and my nose looks great! I am very happy with results but worried at the same time, that the swelling will come back again. How do the injections work? Can they create a permanent effect? Or do I just simply need more injections? I appreciate your help. Thanks!

You may need fillers or revision

+1
The pictures can not replace in person examination but based on your history and pictures I do not think the steroids will help and may cause thining of skin. You have excess cartilage and revision surgery will help. You can try fillers to camouflage it temporally. 

New Orleans Plastic Surgeon