Need 2nd Opinion Do I Have a Hematoma?

I had a B.A. last tuesday on 19th tomorrow will be one week and left breast is much more swollen than right breast i dont really have pain in left breast except when moveing arm alot but its more tha muscle cause i went under muscle a little yellow bruiseing down middle between breast but not black and blue i have a dark purple bruise at bottom middle of left breast size of a nickle or quarter my doctor says its a hematoma in left breast bout 40 cc worth and body might absorb it second oppion plz

Need 2nd Opinion Do I Have a Hematoma?

+1

Yes, it does sound like you have a hematoma. I would be conservative in the treatment. I would suggest initially to use compression and possibly ice. If the hematoma does not resolve, it may require drainage with a needle either in the office or the operating room. Unforchantly, hematomas have been shown to increase the chances of capsular contractures later.

Web reference: http://breastcapsulectomy.com/

2nd Opinion Regarding Hematoma

+1

Based on the information you have given, you should schedule an appointment with your Plastic Surgeon for an exam.  It is important to follow post operative instructions to avoid complications from surgery.

Need 2nd Opinion Do I Have a Hematoma

+1

I don't think I would take must stock on an internet opinion about the presence or absence of a small hematoma. A photo might help.

If you don't agree with your surgeon's plan, an in person second opinion will be useful. All the best. 

Hematoma of breast?

+1

It is difficult to comment without a proper evaluation, but you were smart to have your doctor examine you.

2nd Opinion

+1

Dear valerie marie,

Your plastic surgeon is in the best position to tell you whether you have a hematoma and to help you with your recovery. If you desire a second opinion, please see another Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Unfortunately, it is impossible to give you a second opinion online.

Warmest wishes,

Larry Fan, MD

San Francisco, CA

Web reference: http://www.77plasticsurgery.com

Sonogram will tell you if you have breast augmentation hematoma.

+1

Hi.

1)  From your story, you may well have a hematoma.  To be sure, you should get a sonogram, which will diagnose it clearly.

2)  Even a small hematoma should be drained, because it really increases the chances of your getting a capsular contracture (hard breast).

Breast hematoma after augmentation

+1

We cannot tell if you have a hematoma without and examination, however if your surgeon feels there is a hematoma present our preferrence is to drain the collection. A small hematoma might resolve however a capsular contracture is often the result.

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com

Breast hematoma?

+1

As has been said, we are not able to tell you if you have a hematoma without an exam.  Blood around an implant increases the risk of capsular contracture but going back into surgery without good reason also carries it's own risks.  Stick close to your doctor and be checked frequently.

Hematoma?

+1

It is impossible to determine whether or not you have a hematoma without examining you.  Hematomas in the breast are usually associated with swelling and discomfort beyond what is expected.  As your doctor mentioned, a small hematoma may resolve, however, a larger one would require surgery to remove the hematoma and cauterize its source.

Hematoma after Breast Augmentation

+1

A small hematoma after breast augmentation will be absorbed, but a larger one may need drainage.  This is impossible to determine without a physical exam, and your plastic surgeon is in the best position to manage your situation.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/breast-augmentation-photo-galleries.php