Should I Get a 2nd Opinion on my Tummy Tuck? (photo)

I had a tummy tuck 2 months ago. I am really concerned how it looks. I am posting 2 photos. One is where I am standing straight up and the other is where I am bending slightly. It looks horrible. I have seen photos of others of their process of healing and it doesn't look like this. I want to be reassured this will look better over time.

"Horrible" tummy tuck results?

+1

Thanks for including photos, but unfortunately, these do not show your abdominal scar, and do not show what exactly was done around your belly button. Did you have a muscle plication? What exactly are your concerns? Do you want the tummy to be flatter, or the skin tighter, or the umbilicus more sculpted?

What I see from the photos is not "horrible" but it clearly does not live up to your expectations. Was your surgeon an American Board of Plastic Surgeons-certified plastic surgeon? If so, he or she has the training and expertise to answer all of the questions posed above. If not, you may not be able to get answers you want to hear. Perhaps a second and third opinion from ABPS-certified plastic surgeons is warranted. I live in your area, and would be happy to see you without cost to try to address your concerns if whomever did your surgery cannot. Best wishes!

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck Results?

+1

Unfortunately, it is not possible to give you good advice based on the pictures posted. I will suggest that you communicate your questions/concerns with your plastic surgeon who is in the best position to rule out complications and advise you.

Generally speaking,  2 months out of your surgery is much too early to evaluate the end results of tummy tuck surgery;  it may take up to one year to be able to  to so fairly.

Is this a normal TT result?

+1

Difficult to say with your pictures. If you are very uncomfortable with your results discuss your concerns with your surgeon. If your questions are not answered seek another opinion. It takes a good 6 months for final results, I would advise giving it longer before panicking. 

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

+1

Sorry to say your posted photos show nothing unusual. But if you think a second opinion is warranted than get one. Please post the follow up. 

Second opinion after tummy tuck

+1

Your photos don't show anything terribly wrong, however it is always best to get a second opinion if you are unsure as to how things should be after tummy tuck, and your surgeon is not able to put you at rest.