2nd Opinion; Looking for a Doctor in Los Angeles South Bay Area? (photo)

I had a BR on November 11, 2012 and I had major complications. I lost my right nipple and areola due to Breast Necrosis it was very tramatizing today My areola has almost grown back the hole I had about 4months ago is almost closed I can live without a nipple and areola but I have necrosis tissue which is hard and is uncomfortable and somethimes hurts. I spoke to my PS several times but all he wasnt to do is cut. I dont know if I trust him to try to fix the problem HELP!

Seeking Plastic Surgeon for 2nd Opinion?

+1

I am sorry to hear about the complication you experienced after breast reduction surgery.  Unfortunately, these complications can occur and can be quite frustrating/stressful for both patient and plastic surgeon. At this point, there are both surgical and nonsurgical treatment options to be considered.

In regards to finding a plastic surgeon for 2nd opinion consultation, I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices  concentrate him on breast surgery. Ask  to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

You will find,  while doing your due diligence,  that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you;  again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  

2nd Opinion; Looking for a Doctor in Los Angeles South Bay Area?

+1

There are many options here to replace volume and get rid of calcified, dystrophic tissue.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast surgeries each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA