Does a 2mm wide spreader graft widen the nose by 2mm?

This may be a stupid question, but I would think that once a spreader graft is in place, the lateral cartilage would ride higher up on the septum/spreader graft, and that in itself would add some width. Am I correct with this assumption?

+1

In theory, a 2mm spreader will widen the nose by 2mm. Further, spreaders are usually placed in pairs meaning that two 2mm spreaders could theoretically widen the nose by 4mm. In general, spreader grafts will widen the nose. If this is an issue for you, discuss with your chosen surgeon. There are options other than spreader grafts that can avoid excessive widening of the nose.

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon