Saline HP 290 Implant Size Filled to 350cc to Get C Cups?

I have read on various website that as your breast tend to drop & fluff, they get larger. Please clarify this for me. I would like be a C cup if I was to get Saline HP 290 implant size filled to 350cc would that put me there. Right now I am a B cup deflated. Getting a Breast Augmentation is very complicated!

Breast Implant Sizing?

+2

Thank you for the question.  Getting a breast augmentation can be much less “complicated” once you find a surgeon who you trust and can communicate clearly with. This communication well allow the surgeon to help you with decisions that he/she has much more experience with than you do.

The more breast surgery I do the more I realize that there is no correlation between the size or model (profile) of implant used and resulting cup size.  This may have to do with several factors including: the amount of breast volume the patient starts with, the shape of the patient's chest wall (concave or convex), the type and model of breast implant selected (saline/silicone  and low/moderate/high profile), bra  manufacturer variance  in cup sizes, the  degree  of filling of the cup  with breast tissue,  and the subjective differences in patients perceptions of cup size. 
Much of the final “look” achieved after breast augmentation surgery  depends on several factors:

1. The initial shape, size (volume of breast tissue), symmetry of the patient's breasts. In general, the better the  preoperative breast appearance the more likely the breast augmentation “look” will be optimal.

2. The experience/skill level of the surgeon is important in determining the final outcome. For example, the accurate and gentle dissection of the breast implant pockets are critical in producing  long-term  well-placed breast implants. I personally think that these 2 factors are more important than any others, including type (saline or silicone)  or model (low/moderate/high profile)  of implant.

3. The type of implant used may  determine the final outcome, especially if the patient does not have significant covering breast or adipose tissue. For example, some surgeons feel that silicone implants have a more natural look and feel than saline implants because silicone gel has a texture that is similar to breast tissue. Each patient differs in the amount of breast tissue that they have.  If a patient has enough breast tissue to cover the implant, the final result will be similar when comparing saline implants versus silicone gel implants.  If a patient has very low body fat and/or very little breast tissue, the silicone gel implants may provide a more "natural" result.
On the other hand, saline implants have some advantages over silicone implants. Silicone implant ruptures are harder to detect. When saline implants rupture, they deflate and the results are seen almost immediately. When silicone implants rupture, the breast often looks and feels the same because the silicone gel may leak into surrounding areas of the breast without a visible difference.  Patients may need an MRI to diagnose a silicone gel rupture.   Saline implants are also less expensive than the silicone gel implants.
Other differences involve how the breast implants are filled. Saline implants are filled after they’re implanted, so saline implants require a smaller incision than prefilled silicone breast implants.
On May 10, 2000, the FDA granted approval of saline-filled breast implants manufactured by Mentor Corporation and McGhan Medical. To date, all other manufacturers’ saline-filled breast implants are considered investigational.
As of 2006, the FDA has approved the use of silicone gel implants manufactured by the Mentor Corporation and Allergan (formerly McGhan) for breast augmentation surgery for patients over the age of 22.

4. The size and model of breast implant used may  make a  significant difference in the final outcome. Therefore, it is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  in my practice I find the use of goal pictures to be very helpful.  in your case you could use your own before breast-feeding pictures as the goal. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" or "top heavy" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible. 
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

Implant size

+2

Dear Lulu, Did you have surgery yet.  I cannot answer your question without a good exam and evaluation to give you an estimate on the size of implant to meet your desired size. It is not complicated. With an exam and a few measurements, an experienced plastic surgeon can give you a very accurate estimate of your final size but there are no guarantees. After a few months implants tend to soften and drop a little but do not get bigger. Using a high profile implant overfilled this much will produce a rounder and firmer implant and would not be my first choice but I have not seen you. I tend to overinflate implants by 10 to 15 % to decrease rippling without being too hard.  Good Luck

Richard Linderman, MD

You are asking for hard breasts

+2

Dont over inflate 290's to 350 cc's!  They will be hard balls in your chest. Hard water balloons.   You may be a large C but your breasts will be hard and round.  Dr Grant Stevens  

Grant Stevens, MD

Implant choices

+2

It is difficult to say whether or not the implants you chose are the right ones for you without a formal exam.  A baggy test may give you an idea of volume and approximate cup size.

+2

In all likelihood, but without offering a warranty, this would take the average B upe to a C cup or even larger.

Allow your surgeon to guide you on which size and style would work best

+2

Although it is tempting to inform your plastic surgeon as to which size implant and which style of implant you most desire, I would recommend you allow your surgeon to determine what style of implant would fit your breast and body dimensions to give you the desired result you hope to achieve.

Sanjay Grover, MD

Toronto BBA

+1

There is no way to guarantee a particular bra size. Bra sizing varies greatly between bra manufacturers and a C in one bra will be a D in another. What matters more than the assigned bra size is the way the implant looks on you. The best option for your body and aesthetic goals can be determined in a thorough implant sizing session.

Implant sizing depends on several factors. One of the most important factors is your breast width. Generally, your surgeon will measure your breast width, and then provide you with a range of implant sizes appropriate for your native breast size. There are more nuances to it than just what I've described, but this approach works for most women.

I usually have my patients bring in a large bra and a tight t-shirt to do sizing. I'll then choose 3-4 implants that I feel are appropriate, and have my patients place them in the bra under the tight t-shirt. My patients can then look in the mirror and get a good sense of what they will look like with the provided implant sizes. My patients like this approach and get a great idea of how they will look.

By using this technique, your surgeon can outline a range of appropriate implant sizes that will be aesthetically pleasing, and you make the final decision.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

Sincerely,

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Breast Implant selection is dependent of many factors

+1

You are quite correct that choosing the right breast implant depends on patient, physician and implant factors. In assessing the patient factors, Plastic surgeons need to accounts for the patient's age, body habitus and number of pregnancies/lactation. The patient's age has relevance because, as you observed, the breast composition becomes progressively more fatty and relaxed, as time goes by. We also evaluate the breast skin stretchiness, intrinsic breast tissue volume, position of the nipple with respect to its base, asymmetries between sides as well as chest and/or rib appearance. The patient's objectives as well as the physician's aesthetic sense need to be aligned as well.

High profile saline implants can produce a very highly projecting breast but their narrow width can also compromise the "cleavage", as their base diameter is narrower compared to the moderate plus or standard profiles. It would be important for you to consult with a Plastic Surgeon who will help you choose appropriately. Good luck.

Lavinia Chong, MD

Don't try to pick your own breast implants.

+1

Hi!

1)  You really need a good evaluation.  You may need a slight breast lift as well as implants.

2)  350 cc's is too big to go up just one cup size.

3) See link below.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)