I am 29 yrs of age 184lb, I have two children who are 7 and 11 yrs. Am I a candidate?

I am interested in getting a brazilian butt lift procedure. I wanted to know would I need to get a tummy tuck as well?

BBL and tummy tuck

+2
You did not show much of a photograph, but it sounds from your description as well, that you may be a candidate. You would have to be seen in person to figure that out.  I usually stage it to harvest fat from the abdomen for the BBL and then perform the tummy tuck at a second procedure.

Brazilian Butt Lift

+2
Brazilian Butt Lift involves removing fat from areas that are not wanted and transferring that fat to the buttocks. Liposuction of your abdomen will results in saggy wavy skin, if that does not bother you then do not have the Tummy Tuck. If it is going to bother you then you will get a better contours with the Tummy Tuck.
Samir Shureih MD. FACS
sshureih@msn.com

+2
    You can have liposuction and BBL, but a tummy tuck will be necessary to address the skin laxity issue.

Yes you appear to be a good candidate for these procedures

+1
Thank you for submitting your photograph. You appear to have enough fullness in the abdomen and flanks to provide enough fat for adequate fat grafting. Our average fat graphs usually require 900 to 1000 mL of graft per side. Because of the apparent looseness and possible stretch marks on your abdomen and the possibility of muscular laxity I expect that most plastic surgeons would recommend a tummy tuck as well. The advantage of combining the tummy tuck would be that you would achieve improved abdominal skin tightness, tighter torso musculature, and reduced fatty tissue on the abdomen. The downside is that it will be replaced with a scar. Because of link of skin you have from the bra line to the umbilicus it means that your scar would likely be low and there is an advantage there. Good luck with your surgery.

Henry Mentz, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

BBL candidate?

+1
The photo you posted does not provide us enough information to address your concerns.  You may be a good candidate for the BBL procedure. However, a physical exam is needed to make any recommendations. The BBL procedure involves harvest fat from areas of your body where there is excess fat and injecting that fat carefully into the central zone of your buttock. In addition, it involves liposculpting the buttock to facilitate a more rounded look. The common donor sites for this procedure is your posterior waist/flanks, lateral thighs, back, waist, and anterior tummy. Please visit with a board certified plastic surgeon to learn more about your options.

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

BBL Candidate

+1
Thank you for your question and picture.  It is difficult to tell from a picture alone what you need and what can be done.  You can have a BBL but may also need a tummy tuck to address any loose skin you may have.  My advice is to consult with an experienced plastic surgeon who can deliver the results you desire. 

Best of luck to you,

Ruth Celestin

Ruth Celestin, MD