Is 29 Too Young for Ulthera?

I've recently seen some great before and after pics of younger patients (late 20s and early 30s) who've had ulthera done. It seemed to slim down the lower face and generally improve overall skin appearance. Do you think that it is a good idea for this age group to have ulthera treatments? Thank you!

Ultherapy & Age

+1
In my practice, we perform Ultherapy treatments on patients in their 20's and up.  It is not harmful at any age.  Your results at age 29 will be more preventative than corrective.  Most likely you will see your results sooner and they will last longer.

Ultherapy, too young?

+1

Ultherapy is great for all ages- 20 on up! There should be no harm involved and your younger age does not guarantee any result.

Steven Yarinsky, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Ultherapy is a great procedure and can be done in the late 20s early 30s

+1

Some people do start to sag in their late 20s and building collagen at this early age is better than waiting for the face to sag more and more at which time it would be harder to get a great result.

Ronald Shelton, MD

No, 29 is OK

+1

No, at 29 it would be appropriate for you to have Ulthera if you need some tightening.  I would also consider fillers/Botox or other laser treatments in combination depending on what your needs are. 

In general, the younger the patient the better the Ulthera response.

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

Ultherapy for Younger Patients

+1

Because Ultherapy is non-invasive with little risk of side effects, it is an excellent choice for younger patients wishing to be proactive in addressing aging changes.  My personal opinion is that the best use of Ultherapy is light annual treatments to maintain healthy collagen support in the face rather than a single more aggresive treatment.  This is the approach I have taken on my own skin.

Joseph Campanelli, MD
Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ultherapy is safe for all ages

+1

Ultherapy uses ultrasound energy to safely firm, tighten and actually lift the skin. While 20 something year olds may not have a dramatic result, it is like "putting collagen in the bank", which is a investment in your skin's future. Although you may not see the effects of aging for many years, aging does begin in your 20's and Ultherapy targets the deep supportive structures where aging begins. We have treated have many patients in their 20's with subtle as well as dramatic results, depending on their anatomy and skin laxity.

Joseph A. Russo, MD
Newton Plastic Surgeon

Best age for Ulthera treatment

+1

Ulthera uses micro-focused ultrasound energy for noninvasively lifting facial skin, and in general the younger the patient the better the response. However, too young and the benefits don't justify the cost since there isn't much in the way of sagging to correct. We haven't done any patients in their 20's for this reason, but everyone's circumstance is different which is why any treatment plan is based on individual analysis and goals.

Richard Baxter, MD

Ultherapy may Benefit Younger Patients

+1

Ultherapy may provide benefits for younger patients that are looking to improve their facial appearance by sculpting their facial contours.  Ulthera works by focused ultrasound technology that has the ability to target underlying fat cells and provides not only skin tightening but can also change facial contour in the hands of a qualified professional.  I have treated several younger patients in their late 20's, as well as older patients, with the specific goal of sculpting and re-contouring the underlying facial fat. Although Ulthera was designed for skin lifting and tightening, recent clinical applications have resulted in very nice improvement for facial contouring without surgery as well.  There are several physicians in North America that I know of who are using Ulthera for facial sculpting with very gratifying results.  We've used Ultherapy  to improve neck and jawline contours in younger patients  and as expected the skin responds extremely well to this treatment.  

Steven L. Ringler, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

29: Ready for Ulthera?

+1

When we evaluate patients for treatment with surgery or devices such as ulthera we typically don't use age as the defining criteria. Treatment options are based solely on a detailed analysis of your face ( or other area). We then recommend treatment options ( which may include nothing). Unless you have early signs of aging with sagging in the brow, midface, jawline or neck, most in this age group would not require such a treatment. Ulthera is a skin tightening device and won't necessarily slim the face or change skin appearance.

Jeffrey Kenkel, MD