Im 29 & Want Babies in a Year or So, Should I Wait to Get Implants?

Im 29 and i have a b cup breast, im very athletic and i have been recommended round implants under the muscle. My only concern now is i plan to start trying for kids in a years time, is it just better to wait till i have kids to get implants?? thanks so much xx

Should I wait to have breast implants until after I have kids?

+1

Breast implants don't alter your ability to produce milk and should not interfere in any way with pregnancy. So from a strictly health perspective, it is a personal preference issue. That being said, because you have such a short timeline in your planning to have children, you might consider waiting only so you will better know how your pregnancy may or may not change the appearance of your breasts.

Web reference: http://www.drkmd.com/breast

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Pre-pregnancy breast augmentation timing

+1

Rarely in my practice have I seen a woman have to have a secondary surgery because she had children after a breast augmentation. It really is a personal preference to wait or not.

Web reference: http://www.femalebreastdoc.com/enlargement.html

Implants and pregnancy

+1

The decision is not really a medical safety decision, it's a decision around the quality of your long term result, and potentially a cost issue.  Pregnancy is a wild card for your breasts.  Most women get through pregnancies with reasonable breast preservation, but in some it damages the breast shape permanently.  If you have had implant surgery before pregnancy, and it turns out that you need the breast revised after pregnancies because of loss of shape, it's disappointing and can add cost plus further surgery.

If you are sure you'll be trying for pregnancy within a year or so, probably better to wait till after for the implants.  Don't forget being pregnant will make your breasts bigger so you get to enjoy that along the way without having implant surgery.

Enjoy.

Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Implants before or after children?

+1

You are the only one who can answer this question.  In my experience, having the augmentation often results in pregnancy earlier than expected or planned.  Pregnancy of course, changes the breasts in an unpredictable way, so you may need a revision or lift afterwards.  Each succeeding pregnancy may have a different effect on your breasts, and your body weight.  If you strongly desire augmentation now and can afford it, why wait?  If breast feeding is very important to you and you don't want the augmentation that badly right now, perhaps better to wait.

Web reference: http://www.feelbeautiful.com/breast/augmentation-san-diego-ca/

Timing Breast Augmentation and Pregnancy

+1

Dear nleslie,

Thank you for your question.  This is a very frequently asked question in my practice so you have lots of company.  If you are planning to have children in the next year, I would recommend holding off on a breast augmentation procedure.  While the breasts will appear to be completely healed in a matter of months after a breast augmentation, it actually takes longer for all of the healing process to occur.  The stresses and impact of pregnancy can increase the pressure on the tissues during this healing phase.  Even after the breasts have healed, pregnancy will cause some changes to occur to your breasts that you may desire to alter after having your children.  Exactly what changes will occur vary from woman to woman and pregnancy to pregnancy.  Still, if you are not sure about starting a family in the next year, you may want to proceed with your augmentation.  You are only young once, so enjoy it while you can.  Hope this helps and good luck.

Web reference: http://stlcosmeticsurgery.com/

Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Pregnancy and Breast Implants

+1

Happily breast implants do not interfere with pregnancy or breast feeding.  Your natural breasts will change with the hormones of pregnancy and lactation and it is difficult to know ahead of time what the nature of the changes will be. It is safe to have a breast augmentation before pregnancy but you might have a better result if you waited until after.  Good luck! 

Web reference: http://www.maryleepetersmd.com

Timing of pregnancy and breast augment

+1
If you plan to have children in the near future, it would be advisable to delay breast augmentation until after completing childbearing so as not to compromise the result with potential weight gain and saggin which might necessitate revisional surgery at an additional expense.

To wait or not?

+1

If it is more along the lines of "so",  or if you are just thinking about it, then probably OK to proceed. I usually recommend waiting if it is a year or less time frame.

Norfolk Plastic Surgeon

I agree with Pousti

+1

I would advise that your wait till after your have your baby. Pregnancy tends to stretch the skin and enlarge the breast.  This plus an implant would stretch the skin causing the majority of women to  have stretch marks and possible sagging.

Pregnancy and Breast Implant Surgery

+1

Great question!  If you are sure you want to have children in the next year or so, then it is reasonable to wait.  Your breasts will change with pregnancy and possible breast feeding, so by waiting you might avoid a revisional surgery in the near future.  You can always change your mind and have surgery at any point if you like.

Vancouver Plastic Surgeon