29 Days After Eye Surgery with a Very Scary Result? (photo)

Well I guess the picure talk for itself. 29 days after surgery and looking like a fox on one eye in combination with a normal one. Was soo stupid to have a surgery abroad besides that. So I wonder if this is normal to have 2 complete different eyes so many days after! Than if it´s normal how long time will it takes to look normal again? Or can it bee soo that the surgeon did cut too much on one side?

Results of upper eyelid surgery

+1

It is quite difficult to view your results based on the angle of the photo. 

With that in mind, you are only 30 days out from surgery and swelling can take months to resolve completely.  We do not look for final result for at least 6 months on the upper eyelid.  If you are displeased with your results, I would consult with a board certified plastic surgeon in order to discuss your concerns properly. 

There is never harm in seeking a second opinion since it would appear that you do not have sugeon state side to discuss your concerns. 

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Blepharoplasty revision

+1

It is hard to tell what is going on just from your posted photo other than your concerns are valid. It is unclear if you had any asymmetry before surgery that was magnified by surgery. It is clear that the asymmetry is significant enough that it will not likely go away on its own. If you want to fix this you will need a revision but you need to allow sufficient time for the tissue to fully recover and you need to be very careful in choosing your next surgeon. Part of the problem with surgery abroad is you probably cannot get copies of your records and those records are invaluable in planning revision surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

29 Days After Eye Surgery with a Very Scary Result?

+1

Still very early and I hope the appearance settles out after a few more months. Best to obtain a second opinion in person from a boarded USA doctor. I see the uneven incisions. And yes out of country cosmetic surgery can be very risky. Did you really save much money??