I have decided it's time for a Tummy Tuck. Would I need a Full Tummy Tuck, Liposuction, or Muscle Repair? (photos)

29, I have 3 children. I am 5'7.5 and 139 pounds. I have lost a lot of weight but ever since my first pregnancy 10 years ago I have looked this way. I am so ready to have my tummy back. I just would like to know if I could have the mini or if I will need the full with all the bells and whistles! The smallest part of my waist is 27 inches and the biggest part of my waist around my bellybutton is 35 1/2 inches What do you think? Thank you so much for your resposes. They are truly appreciated!

Indications for tummy tuck with or without muscle tightening and liposuction will depend on your examination.

+2
Your photos are very helpful because they show your excess skin. Without a thorough discussion of your goals and then an examination of your abdominal skin and muscle tone I cannot give you my recommendations. I only recommend surgical muscle tightening when a patient cannot restore their core muscle strength after pregnancy with exercise. Be sure you have a comprehensive consultation before moving forward with your long awaited tummy restoration procedure. Good luck!

Tummy tuck

+2
You would need to be seen and examined but a full tunny tuck would make sense based on your history and photos. You can get more information on the Smart Beauty Guide about the procedure and Board Certified Plastic Surgeons who are members of the Aesthetic Society. 

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS

Mini versus full tummy tuck

+2
Thank you for your pictures. I feel that a full tummy tuck with most repair would give you an excellent result. A mini tummy tuck is only for a very select few of patients that have a minimal amount of skin excess scan and bulging below the belly button this is not your case. Please consult board certified plastic surgeons in your area. 

Good luck.

Earl Stephenson Jr MD DDS FACS

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

I have decided it's time for a Tummy Tuck. Would I need a Full Tummy Tuck, Liposuction, or Muscle Repair?

+2
After 3 pregnancies-- you are now a perfect candidate to restore that flat tight abdomen you once had. Your photos indicate that you have loose skin and very moderate excess fat. Therefore, a lower abdominal incision will allow for the entire removal of your excess skin--- tighten your abdominal muscles and restore that flat abdomen. A mini Tummy Tuck in your case- will be useless. In addition, the belly button can be improved and all the stretch marks from below your belly button will be removed. This can be done as an outpatient procedure-- and you will go home the same day.

Thomas Trevisani, Sr., MD

Do I need a full TT or mini?

+2
Based on your pictures you look like you would be best served with a full tummy tuck and liosuction, a procedure called lipoabdominoplasty. This would give you the smallest waist possible with the best curves and results. Good luck and visit with a few BC PS till you feel comfortable.

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Full tummy tuck is usually the answer to post childbearing tummies

+2
Your photos show typical post pregnancy, post childbearing tummy.  Full tummy tuck is your only option.  Selective liposuction iis done at same time to enhance and streamline final abdomin al shape.

Vasdev Rai, MD

Tummy tuck with liposuction and muscle repair

+2
I would recommend the traditional tummy tuck with liposuction and muscle repair.  This would enable you to have the best outcome.  I would spend sometime consulting with a board certified plastic surgeon to help you decide where your incisions will be placed, what to expect in terms of post-operative recovery and activity restrictions and their individualized approach.

Good luck!

Young R. Cho, MD, PhD

Full Tummy Tuck, Liposuction, or Muscle Repair?

+2
There are a variety of surgical procedures or combinations that can produce good results in patients with abdominal laxity, depending on multiple factors including their anatomy and degree of desired improvement: A mini tummy tuck, an umbilical float modified tummy tuck, a full abdominoplasty. Each of these can be performed with or without liposuction. They produce different degrees of improvement.

Based on your photos and limited history, a full tummy tuck with abdominal muscle repair and liposuction of selective areas would produce the best cosmetic result.

Following the advice of anyone who would presume to tell you exactly what to do based on two dimensional photos without taking a full medical history, examining you, feeling and assessing your tissue tone, discussing your desired outcome and fully informing you about the pros and cons of each option would not be in your best interest. Find a plastic surgeon that you are comfortable with and one that you trust and listen to his or her advice. The surgeon should be certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS). You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck

+2
Yes... would recommend a full tummy tuck. Perhaps some liposuction of the love-handles area.  You should have a fantastic result!

Sincerely,

Joshua Kreithen, M.D. 

Joshua Kreithen, MD
Sarasota Plastic Surgeon

I have decided it is time for a Tummy Tuck. Would I need a Full Tummy Tuck, Liposuction, or Muscle Repair?

+1
A tummy tuck (with muscle repair) with liposuction of the flanks would produce the best result.

Find a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of tummy tucks each year, has great reviews, and has great before and after pictures.