28yr Old Female with Eye Bags

28yr old female with eye bags that age my face and make me look tired.The bags seem to have gotten worse over this past year. What is my best option to remove?

Blepharoplasty Palm Beach Gardens

+2
Based on your description,you seem to have pseudoherniation of periorbital fat. If it is just the fat and not skin that is contributing to this appearance, I would recommend, after properly evaluating you in consultation, a transconjunctival lower lid blepharoplasty. In this procedure, there is no external incision and therefore no sutures that require removal postoperatively. The incision is hidden on the inside and the protruding fat is teased out and removed. I typically perform this procedure in an office setting under local anesthesia in 30-45 minutes. The use of local anesthesia allows for less recovery, lower risk, less cost and fewer side effects. The quality of the result, however, is not compromised. The end result can make you appear more youthful, less tired and less aged.

Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lower Eyelid Surgery for Eye Bag Treatment

+1

As a Cosmetic Oculofacial Plastic Surgeon performing eyelid surgery in New York for the past 20 years, I’ve taken care of many young people (even teenagers) with bags under the eyes. Typically, I would perform a lower eyelid transconjunctival (behind the eyelid) blepharoplasty where the fat can be selectively removed and repositioned as is necessary.

Amiya Prasad, MD
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Treatment for Under Eye Bags

+1

Hi SP.  We have not seen a lot of 28 year olds that have the kind of under eye bags that would need surgery.  The alternative is injecting Restylane "under the muscle" to create volume that is nor present either because of aging or genetics.  

Restylane acts like a sponge when injected and creates volume and depth in this area to camouflage pouches and reduce dark circles.  See the pictures at the link below for the results.

Alternatively, if you are a better candidate for surgery, that is always an option as well, lower blepharoplasty.  

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

28 Year old Female with Bags of Lower Eyelids

+1

If there  is excess fullness (bags) of the lower eyelids this can be removed through an incision in the back of the lids so there is no visible scar. Sometimes the appearance of bags is caused by a groove at the margin of the lower lid; treatment is not the removal of any tissue, but filling the groove with your own fat or products such as Restylane . Depending on the contour of your lids , sometimes we will remove some fat and reposition some of it to fill the groove.

As a young person with bags, your best option is probably tcb

+1

TCB is transconjunctival blepharoplasty.  This has the great advantage that it is done without sutures from the inside.  Bruising is usually minimal because the incision is left open and any fluids can drain out rather than remaining within,

If your problem is "tear troughs" as well, it can be combined with fat repositioning.

Older patients with sun damage of the area about the lids usually will have CO2 laser to both tighten the skin and reduce the wrinkles about the eyes.

In younger patients you may temporise with injections, but the results are not durable.

Dr. Mayl

Fort Lauderdale

Nathan Mayl, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Best treatment for eye bags in 28 year old?

+1

While the last few doctors suggested eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty), it is difficult to say for sure without seeing photos of you.  You should at least consider the use of under eye fillers which might be highly effective at delaying the need for surgery for present.

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

28yr Old Female with Eye Bags

+1

The best way to eliminate lower eyelid fat bags is with a lower eyelid surgery (Blepharoplasty).  I have used the transconjunctival approach, through the inside , of the lower eyelid, for over 20 years and wrote a scientific paper describing the technique and it's benefits over the outer skin approach in the early 1990's.  The surgery takes about 30 minutes, has a rapid recovery and no visible scars.

Eyelid surgery for lower lid bags works very well.

+1

While most people associated lower lid  bags with age, the fact is, many patients acquire them at an early age, and young as 21.  The fat pockets bulge becuase the wall that contains them ( the "septum) is weak and the fat falls forward. Furthermore, the bulge is accentuated often because there is a concavity beneath the bulge that accentuates teh bulge.  

A transconjunctival  bleaphorplasty, wherein an incision is made on the inside of the lower eyelid and  the fat removed from that incision. 

Philip Miller, MD

Under eye bags are easily corrected

+1

Hi there-

The problem you are describing is often hereditary and is easily remedied, although a minor surgical procedure is necessary.

Visit with an experienced surgeon for a consultation.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Young people with eyelid bags do very well with trans conjunctival blepharoplasty.

+1

Hi.

Unlike the situation with aging, you probably have a true fat excess, which can be easily corrected without any scars.  This often runs in families.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)