28yo male, frustrated with loose skin after weight loss a few years ago. Considering options. (photo)

I'm 6-4 and lost 85lb a few years ago (in only 4 mo). I hoped the skin would recover but it hasn't. I'm tall and have a smaller frame and people often think I'm skinny, but I remain frustrated with what I see when I take off my shirt. Also my flanks stick out regardless of what I wear. I'm hoping for some guidance and if I really need to have such extensive surgery or if there are other options. I've included some photos. when I stand up I look okay, but if I turn or bend you can see the issues. Thanks

Loose skin weight loss

+1
Loss of elasticity is a common problem after weight loss or with age.
Additional weight loss, liposuction and laser liposuction (Smartlipo) are viable alternatives or adjuncts to a tummy tuck.
Please consult in person with an experience Board Certified Plastic Surgeon prior to making treatment decisions.

Lipo or tummy tuck?

+1
I think you are sort of in between. You have some stretch marks and I don't think your skin is going to shrink down tightly. On the other hand I think you will get a reasonable result with just lipo and ten avoid the scars and extra recovery. I wold suggest just the lipo. There are machines out now, like the Viora Reaction which can help to shrink skin non-surgeicall. this might be an option for you if the lipo doesn't get you where you want to go.

Web reference: http://www.cosmeticsurgerybaltimore.com/

Tummy tuck DC

+1
Based on the photos provided I would recommend searching for a tummy tuck specialist you will achieve much better results with this procedure.
Daily I see people in my office confused about what their options are with respect to making the abdomen look better.
The key is skin tone. If your abdomen has good skin elasticity then liposuction will remove the fat from underneath the skin, and the skin will shrink up and chances are you'll be satisfied.
If the skin is loose or sagging, then removing fat from underneath the skin will tend to make the skin even looser. In this situation we begin a discussion of tummy tuck.
If there is a whole role of skin that can be pinched from the pubic area to the bellybutton then that patient will generally be better with a full tummy tuck. You might try this on your own while sitting down.
If a small pinch gives improvement just above the pubic area than mini tummy tuck might be a better option.
Another issue with an abdominal contouring is not skin or fat laxity, but laxity of the abdominal wall. With weight gain weight and loss the abdominal skin stretches and usually will not come back without some help from your plastic surgeon. I would strongly recommend that you let your plastic surgeon give you your best options and evaluate you.

Web reference: http://www.dccosmetics.com/procedures/body-contouring/tummy-tuck-dc/

Chevy Chase Plastic Surgeon

Male tummy tuck.

+1
hello. you need a tummy tuck with liposuction of back, I recommend you look for a  accredited plastic surgeon to evalue you, I'm sure you'll get incredible results.

Tummy tuck

+1

Another issue with an abdominal contouring is not skin or fat laxity, but laxity of the abdominal wall. With childbearing and weight gain weight and loss the abdominal wall stretches and usually will not come back without some help from your plastic surgeon. I would strongly recommend that you let your plastic surgeon give you your best options and evaluate you.

Web reference: http://www.hallakplasticsurgery.com/tummy-tuck-san-diego/

Male TT or Lipo

+1
Your options depend on the expectations. If you want to remove skin and fat, you are a candidate for a mini-abdominoplasy or full abdominoplasty. If you want to lose fat without skin tightening and have less thickness to the fat roll, then liposuction is an alternative. With liposuction, the skin may be more relaxed, similar to taking a little air out of a balloon and the balloon envelope gets a little wrinkled.

Based on your pictures and relatively young age/good health?, IMO you are a good candidate for liposucion alone. You will have direct removal of fat. This fat will be removed forever in the difficult to lose area, the fatty tire region around your abdomen and flanks.

Consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Best wishes

West Orange Plastic Surgeon

I Am a Male, with Loose Skin after 85 lb Weight Loss. What Are My Options?

+1
The problem of loose skin after weight loss is common to men and women. Women have the problem far more often because their skin stretches out after child-bearing. In addition, they get muscle separation which has to be repaired also during a tummy tuck. For a man, muslce separation is not a problem and usually only the loose skin needs to be removed. The procedure needed for a patient similar to the pictures here would be a tummy tuck. A low, concealed incision in the underwear line, followed by elevation, redraping and removal of the excess skin. When done well, the scar is an acceptable trade-off for a tight, youthful abdomen. Stretch marks may remain visible and can be treated with the Palomar Lux 1540 erbium laser which is FDA approved for the treatment of stretch marks.

Web reference: http://www.enhanced-you.com/before-after-galleries/abdominoplasty-and-liposuction-patient-8/

Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

What next?

+1
Thank you for the pictures.

In my opinion, I believe you're a great candidate for a tummy tuck. I suggest liposuction of the flank area in order to enhance your shape and optimize results.
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Plastic Surgery after weight loss or bariatric surgery

+1
   It looks like you are an excellent candidate for a tummy tuck which would help tighten the area, narrow the waist and remove excess skin. People lose fat and have excess from different areas. I don't know where you live but you can go to the American Society of Bariatric Plastic Surgeons website for more info and to find a plastic surgeon that specializes in this surgery in your area. 
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Skin looseness

+1

Congratulations on losing so much weight!  You are a reasonable candidate for a tummy tuck and the scar will be covered if you go shirtless.  I would not however, recommend any skin tightening of your breasts or flanks.  The scars won't be worth it.

Web reference: http://edelsonplastic.com/body/tummy-tuck/