286 Cc Moderate or 325cc High Profile for My Frame?

Height: 5ft 7inches Weight: 125 pounds Breast: 32/34B cup, 11.6 cm diameter Desired look: Medium to large C cup. I am very active and do not want breasts that are too big for me to run on a daily basis. I'm trying to chose between: - 286cc Moderate plus silicone implants (11.7 cm diameter) - 325cc High Profile silicone implants (11.2 cm diameter) Suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Sizing breast implants for your figure

+2

I would check the diameter of your breast upright with arms down. 11.6 cm is rather narrow for a 5ft 7in height and 33 inch chest. The average breast width in my experience is about 13 cm. The diameter of the implant should be about 3/4 to 1 cm less than the width of the breast in order to fit properly. Although it cannot be measured exactly, if you are a mid B cup now and you chose the middle profile in silicone gel implants (called a moderate plus) your size should increase you by about 1 1/2 cup sizes which would make you a C/D size. A high profile implant would increase you by about 2 cup sizes and into a D. If your breast is indeed narrow for your chest then this would be scaled down a bit. The point is to start with a width of implant that fits and choose a profile based on the 1 - 2 cup size increase and feel comfortable with what the effects of that implant will be rather than start from the cc's of volume and work backward.  

Denver Plastic Surgeon

286 v. 325 cc implants

+2

You are well prepared for your surgery  since you seem to  be choosing an implant with a width similar to your breast width. The volume difference between these two is barely over two tablespoons, and therefore not a dramatic difference.

In may experience, many women after breast implants surgery wish they had chosen a somewhat larger implant, but they are, by in large, pleased. On the other had, women who are larger than they would have liked are, by in large, quite unhappy and impatient for a second surgery.

Based on that experience, I would lean toward the smaller implant.

Proper Implant Selection

+1

Thank you for your question.  In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Web reference: http://www.drpaulgill.com

Breast implant choices

+1

The right choice for you will depend upon an exam and you personal desires. WIthout an exam, I can not say.

Implant size selection

+1

Both of the sizers you suggested are appropriate for your base width that you listed. I help my patients select the correct size with two methods:

1. Dimensional planning and
2. A Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. Even your fitness levels and other relevant criteria are taken into consideration. It is you who will decide what you are comfortable with.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for.

This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

Web reference: http://www.basuplasticsurgery.com

What size implant?

+1

Good question and your surgeon seems to be doing an excellent job preparing you for your surgery. I would tell you that at 5'7" and desiring a full C, 325 would be my choice for you. I think you will be disappointed with the 286cc. Good luck.

Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Choosing your Breast Implant Size

+1

Unfortunately,  no plastic surgeon is able to accurately predict what cup size you will end up wearing after breast augmentation with a certain size/style implant. I would suggest that you communicate your goals with your plastic surgeon ( I prefer the use of goal pictures)  and ask him/her to do his/her best to achieve the results you're looking for.  You may want to leave it up to him/her to use a breast implant that he/she feels will do the job based on intraoperative evaluation.
Again, the preoperative communication of goals is critical.  Once you feel comfortable that you have communicated your goals clearly ( assuming you have chosen your plastic surgeon carefully),  you will likely feel comfortable allowing him/her to choose the appropriate breast implants for you.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastAugmentation.htm

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.