285cc Need Advice for Full C Look? (photo)

I am about 7st,32AA,5.3f (petite frame). My hopes are to achieve full C. First I was advised to go with 260cc, but I felt they were too small. He said they don't usually guarantee a cup sizes but work around on profile, tissue and frame. Then he offered 285cc alergan round implants 10cm, under the muscle. Looking at some forums I am now confused, similar ladies achieve different results with 285cc from B to D. He says that it will be a crime to put anything bigger, due to rippling.

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

285cc Need Advice for Full C Look

+1

Most plastic surgeons will want to limit implant choice to use of an implant that is no wider than your own breast width. There is good reason for this--wider implants often give results somewhere between unnatural and bizarre. 

We usually don't like to quote cup size, because there are no fixed definitions. Many surgeons on these pages estimate an expectation of one cup size elevation for each 150-250 cc. A 285 cc implant by those estimates should give about a one and one-half cup size increase. 

Rather than guessing cup size, I find it useful to have patients try on implants and use visualization to choose an target, and pick an implant size based on that, using the woman's anatomy as a limiting factor in some patients. If you are worried about ripples, use silicone implants, as rippling is less common with those.

Thanks for your question, best wishes. 

Chest Wall Width and Breast Augmentation

+1

As is the case in many women who want augmentation, your anatomy may be at odds with cup size goalHigh profile implants allows for more volume for a given width, but a board certified plastic surgeon should be able to explain this in detail and help you select an implant.

Best Breast Implant Size/Profile for Me?

+1

As you can imagine, despite your good description of body type and goals, it is not possible to give you precise  advice online.
The best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “full C” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

The size will depend on your expectations and breast tissue

+1

If your goals from the augmentation is only size and not the shape, you should get larger implants. If you want a natural look and feel, then 285 would be great. You have very small amount of breast tissue to cover the implant.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant for more natural looking effect

+1

Will prefer anatomical implant to round to have a more natural upper pole looking effect, probably 285 allergan or mentor cpg cohesive, submuscular, via a perioreolar incision.....

Alberto Di Giuseppe, MBBS
London Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant size selection

+1

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:
1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.  If you have decided on saline implants, then based on the gel sizer you select, we can guide you to the saline implant that achieves a similar look.
Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Selecting a breast implant size

+1

Most plastic surgeons use some method of dimensional analysis to help patients understand the correct implant to meet their individual goals and yield the best long term result.  If you have  a very narrow breast base diameter then you may be limited as far as implant selection.  For women who have a narrow breast base diameter you may consider a high profile implant.  For Allergan this would be a style 20 implant.  

Cup size and impalnt volume

+1

Unfortunately, cup size does not always match up to implant volume.  I try to have my patients think in terms of volume first.

What size implants will give me a full C?

+1

Dear Lisa,

Thank you for your question.  It is very common for patients to suffer great anxiety over implant volume, and this is understandable because it is a major undertaking and you want to get it right.  However, I would say that the implant volume is only one aspect that contributes to your final result and the difference between a 260cc and a 285cc implant would be hard to notice and is not going to make much of a difference.

Your surgeon is right in that the choice of implants revolves around the base diameter of your chest and the shape (round or anatomical) and profile (low, high, etc.) of the implant.  Different shapes and profiles give different 'looks'.  Furthermore, the result that you get also depends on the shape and volume of the breasts that you have to start with. 

So you can see, that it depends on several factors and implant volume is only one of them.  Cup size is a relative measurement and is not terribly accurate and so it is impossible to guarantee a particular cup size and in some ways it doesn't really matter too much.  Sometimes patients get a surprise when they are measured postoperatively and are a different cup size to what they expected.  The cup size does not matter - what the breasts look like is what matters.  I tell people that if they think they look too big postop, then they are too big, and if they think they look too small postop, then they are too small.  It doesn't matter what cup size they are.

All in all, you need to have a good chat with your surgeon, look at some before and after photographs and make sure that he is aiming for the same sort of result that you are hoping to achieve.  Don't worry too much about the volume.  Good luck!

Jonathan J. Staiano, FRCS (Plast)
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon