1 Week Post Breast Implants: 280CC Too Big For my Frame

Im 5'4 and 50 kg. Ribcage is 29'. I requested conservative augmentation, but i wasn't able to choose the exact size. I got 280 cc overs, started with full A/small B. I feel huge and I'm very unhappy about the result. The shape is fine, as due to little sagging (breastfead 3 kids) he placed the implants a little below the normal breastfold. But I think they are too big on my frame. Insicion is areolar. I hear bubbling sounds. Am i gonna get smaller? when?

Implants will need much more time

+2

Please know that 280cc implants are very modest for your size and although the swelling is frightening your surgeon and staff have told you this would take time and they are so right.  Each body is very different and you could see a softening of the implant swelling in 3 weeks or 3 months and it could be a full year + before they settle in completely.  Be patient and stop looking at them for a while.  Let  the healing process do it's job.  You will be perfect in the long run.

Folsom Plastic Surgeon

Wait three to four months

+1
I recommend you wait until three or four months after your surgery before assessing your results. At that time, you can then discuss your concerns with your surgeon, and make sure to be clear and firm about the implant size you want. Best of luck.

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Recovery with Breast Implant Size

+1

By now, things will have settled a bit more than when you first posted this question.  I would suggest that you allow your body and mind to adjust to the breast implants before deciding upon revisionary breast surgery to change the size.  In my practice, I ask patients to give themselves at least 4-6 months to see how things heal and settle.  If you are still not pleased at that time, clearly communicate with your surgeon and discuss your options.

Best Wishes

1 week post op breast augmentation

+1

Hi Vero,

There is always swelling associated with any type of surgery. In addition, your implants will settle and will appear smaller. It usually takes 4-6 weeks for this to resolve. The bubbling will also resolve within this time. So please be patient and allow your body to heal itself. Best wishes, Dr. H

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon