Im 28 Yr Old Woman Who Has a Low C Section Would I Be Able to Get a TT In the Same Place? (photo)

195 lbs,stretch marks and lots of saggy skin

Tummy tuck is done through C section scar, only longer.

+3

Hi.

You have enough loose skin that the tummy tuck can easily be done through the low C section scar.

Tummy Tuck Incision Can usually Be Placed In C-section Scar

+2

A tummy tuck incision can usually incorporate an old C-section scar (assuming it is transverse rather than vertical).  Your photo does not show your upper abdomen, but it appears that there is sufficient excess skin that this would not be problem in your case.  Your result would likely be better, however, it you could first lose a bit of weight.

John Whitt, MD

Tummy Tuck scar is usually placed within a previous C-section scar

+1

Thank you for your question and photograph. From your photographs it appears that you have adequate skin for a low Tummy Tuck incision through your old C-section scar.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

C-section scarring

+1

When I perform a tummy tuck on a person  who has had a c-section, I always make the lower abdominal incision below the c-section scar. This way, the c-section scar is removed and you won't have a double set of scars.  Most plastic surgeons do much the same, but you should definitely confirm this at the time of your consultation just to be sure.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Removal of old C-Section Scar with Tummy Tuck

+1

Yes, a tummy tuck incision may be placed to include and remove an old C-section scar.  Examination of your photographs shows that you have excess skin and incision placement should not be an issue.

Rondi Kathleen Walker, MD
Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Removing old scars with tummy tuck

+1

Thank you for your question and the photo. Yes, it is usually possible to get rid of the C section scar at the time of tummy tuck.  See a plastic surgeon in your area for a full evaluation. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

C section scar and tummy tuck

+1

Generally speaking the C section scar is removed during a formal abdominoplasty. Although the photo is limited it appears you have enough skin to allow the removal of the c section scar. The procedure would be optimized by further weight loss but you will do well with it.

Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon to help you with this process. Good luck

Robert W. Kessler, MD, FACS
Corona Del Mar Plastic Surgeon

C-section scar removable with TT

+1

Most TT incisions will successfully excise horizontal and most vertical C-section scars. Judging from your photo this is certainly the case. However, allow me to suggest to loose a few pounds in order to get the most out of your TT. Best wishes,

Dr. H

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tucks and previous C-section scar

+1

It appears from your photo that you C-section scar is located where it would actually be removed with a traditional tummy tuck incision. 

This is true for most C-section scars and it allows for a poor or adherent C-section to be removed when a tummy- tuck is done.

Braden Stridde, MD
Federal Way Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck incision and C-section scar

+1

The incision for a tummy tuck incorporates a previous C-section scar; that it, it is situated below it so that the C-section scar will be removed.

Whether you are a good candidate for a tummy tuck at this point in time can be determined through a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. You do have lax skin which is a prerequisite. 

Steven Turkeltaub, MD