Am a 28 Years Old Female, Would PRP Helps to Improve the Bags and Puffiness Under my Eyes?

I have heard about the platelet rich plasma, and am wondering if it helps in my case, the puffiness under my eyes is really worsen day by day, I use to have it earlier, but after crying too bad, but now it's an everyday thing, and it's not the same in both eyes, the puffiness is worse under my right eye, and it comes with this red to purple shade, with saggy skin, and you can easily see veins under the skin. So what can I do about it?

Will PRP help improve bags and puffiness under the eyes?

+1

There are numerous causes for dark circles under the eyes.  While lack of sleep is certainly one of them, other common causes include:  pigmentation irregularities, sun exposure, visible blood vessels, stress, allergies, atopic dermatitis, pseudoherniation (outpouching) of fat from the eyelid, and heredity, to name a few.  Fat can cause the appearance of dark circles, which can be corrected by fat repositioning blepharoplasty.

Some pigment can be treated with laser and/or bleaching creams.  However, if it is too deep the treatment will not be effective.  Surgery can not correct dark circles due to every cause, but it will correct dark circles that are due to the aging process. You are still young, and the cause of your dark circles is not age related. This will influence the method of treatment.

PRP may potentially help, but I would really need to see photos and/or perform an exam to give you the best advice. I hope this helps, and please feel free to ask any additional questions, I would be happy to answer them for you!

+1

The standard treatments for this area are hyaluronic acid based fillers such as Juvederm and Restylane or lower eyelid surgery to recontour the eyelid (blepharoplasty). Fillers are a temporary fix (up to one year) while surgery will permanently improve the appearance of the eyelid. It is impossible to say which of these treatments are best for you without seeing photos or an in person consultation. [Please purchase a license if using PhraseExpress for non-personal tasks] I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon