Im 28 and Weigh About 230 5'0 Tall. Do You Think I Should Loose Some Weight Before This Procedure?

Losing Weight Before Surgery

+2

You should absolutely lose weight before any surgery unless this is a gastric bypass procedure, as you are significantly overweight for your height. Your complications will be much less and your results will be significantly improved. 

You should see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to get a formal opinion through and in-person consultation.

Vincent Marin, MD

Weight loss before fat transfer

+2

I would recommend losing weight before surgery to lower your complication rate. You will also have a better cosmetic outcome at a lower weight. Consult with a plastic surgeon during your weight loss for a complete examination to evaluate your skin tone as you may need a tummy tuck as well if you have loose skin after weight loss.

Dr.Bruno

Web reference: http://www.williambrunomd.com

BBL safety

+1

Before anything, you have to know that doctors we all are on this earth to serve and see after our patients, and be sure we preserve their lives and health. Definitely performing a plastic surgery on an obese patient will increase so highly, that will turn the procedure on something almost deadly. Your current BMI is 44.9 so you should lose about 80-100 lbs in order to be on the safe side. I would really recommend to consider a permanent procedure as is Gastric Sleeve that will help you not only to lose but to maintain your weight and then you will be perfect for the surgery. Dr. Carmina Cardenas

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

+1

Your results will be better if you could lose about 80 lbs first.  Having said that, I typically remove 5 liters and transfer 1500 cc per buttock in many of my patients, and this always makes a difference.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/brazilian-buttlift-photo-galleries.php