What size do you suggest for my breast implants? (photos)

Hi! I am 28, 5'7 125lbs with moderate pectus excavatum and am undergoing a breast lift with augmentation in the next two weeks. I am having a hard time deciding on size. I'm between 225cc moderate profile plus and 250cc high profile. I have a good amount of tissue now and wear a 34c. After a lift what cup size do you think I would end up with? Thanks

What size do you suggest for my breast implants?

+1
Without seeing photos of you, it's hard to say what cup size you would end up with.  How droopy you are will also determine what size implants to go with.  Going from a 225cc to a 250cc is a very small difference (around 5 teaspoons) and most likely will not be noticeable.  I typically like a high profile implant when I do the lift procedure as it projects a bit more giving a nice round full result as opposed to boxy.  Talk with your surgeon more to get a better idea of what your results will be like.  ac

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift(TM)

+1
At size 34 C each 100 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change. 225 cc implants would take you up about 2 cup sizes to a DD. I always recommend small round textured silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral since they look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision. Implant profile is irrelevant in the retro-pectoral position since the muscle compresses it. Pectus excavatum may increase your cleavage and a smaller implant may suffice. You also describe undergoing a lift but have not stated which procedure would be used. I recommend you avoid vertical scar techniques because the scars are unsightly and can widen in time. There is a new technique called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast LiftTM. Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage. Through the same incision, implants can be placed. Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection with a minimal size implant. This technique avoids the ugly vertical scars of the traditional technique, maintains nipple sensation and the ability to breast feed.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

225 cc and 250 cc breast implants are not very different

+1
Thank you for your question.  From your description 8-25 cc moderate profile plus or the 250 cc high profile breast implants only represent about a tablespoon difference in volume.   Either one with possibly make you've a full B cup.  You need to discuss in detail with your plastic surgeon how each would look on your particular frame and breast.  You can also do the Rice test at home described in the link below to give you an idea of what different volumes will look.  Hopefully your plastic surgeon has a breast implant sizing system in which sizers can be placed into a non-padded bra to give you an idea of how

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Breast augmentation

+1
To give you a rough idea of your overall volume, you can try on bras over a baggy test. This will give  a rough estimate. Good luck.

Implant size

+1
Thanks for your question.  This is a very difficult question to answer without an in person physical examination.  Appropriate measurements would need to be taken to help guide implant choice.  I will say that the diameter of a 225 cc moderate profile plus and 250 cc high profile implant will be slightly different.  The high profile will have a more projection than the moderate profile plus.  So there will be some subtle differences beyond just the volume difference.  Some of the choice between moderate profile plus and high profile depends on the look you are going for.  Make sure you discuss fully with your plastic surgeon.

Naveen Setty, MD

Biodimensional analysis

+1
Breast implants look the most natural when they "fit" a patients body frame and "footprint" or base diameter of the breast.  The profile is the amount the implant extends from the chest wall, the base diameter is the distance between the medial and lateral cleavage.  I first pick the base diameter and decide on the profile depending what shape and cup size the patient wants by bio-dimensional analysis. Factors that come into play are the tissue laxity and how much of a lift is necessary as well as how much upper pole fullness is desired.  Roughly 150 cc per cup size is a good estimate, so 25 cc would not be a perceptible change in your cup size, but the profile will affect its shape.  Some implant manufacturers offer sizing sets for patients to "try them on" to see what best matches the shape they are looking for.

+1
First of all, that decision can never be made without a physical examination. Secondly, there is no significant difference between the two implants you mention. And finally, if your surgeon, who does this for a living, is making you, who have absolutely no experience in his surgery, make that choice, I would suggest you get some other opinions.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

BBA

+1
The difference is a matter of a few tablespoons of volume - you are unlikely to notice the difference.  Your optimal size can only be decided by you and your surgeon during a thorough in-person sizing session.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)