Im 27yrs old I weigh 145lbs im 5'2", will a 400cc high profile gel breast implants look good one or should I go 450cc?

BBA

+1

It's difficult to help you without breast measurements or even pictures. In this case, you should see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area to determine the best size for your specific body.

Smaller implants best

+1

Unfortunately, you have not provided us your bra size. If you are a 32 or 34 each 100 cc's of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change. If you are a 36 or 38 each 200 cc's of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change. From this, you can calculate the size implant that you require. I always recommend small silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral since they look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision. 400 to 450 cc implants are quite large, would not fit retro-pectoral, would extrude inferiorly and laterally requiring revision. Implant profile is irrelevant in the retro-pectoral position since the muscle compresses it.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Implant size selection

+1

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look. Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Implant size

+1

Hard to advise you re implant size - best to try a rice test as you suggest - best to try on implants in person and this will give you the best sense of size.

Christopher J. Davidson, MD, FACS
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

How to test an implant size at home

+1

A 400cc or 450cc implant is quite large for someone only 5'2" tall. Be careful. You sure don't want your breasts to be so large that they make you look heavy. You can test the implant size (volume) at home by putting water in a ziploc bag and putting the bag into a stretchy bra. Be sure to remove the air from the bag. Remember that 1 ounce is 30cc, so 15 ounces is 450cc. Try it at home with your different clothes. It will help you decide how big you want your breasts to be relative to your body proportions.

Robert S. Hamas, MD

Choose an implant based on your tissues, don't just pick a number!

+1

I agree with the other plastic surgeons. I think it is best to have base the choice of the breast implant size on your tissues rather than just "picking" a number. Most plastic surgeons will take a series of measurements of your chest wall in order to get the best idea what your tissues can accommodate as far as size of a breast implant. As implants get bigger, they also have a larger diameter which can affect spacing and other dynamics of implant position on the chest wall. Not everyone can accommodate a 450 cc implant because in some patients their skin may not be able to stretch that much. I utilize a sterile breast sizer at the time of surgery to fine-tune and further confirm the best size / choice of implant for that particular patient's tissues. I hope this helps!

James F. Boynton, MD

HP 400cc right for me?

+1

Yvette1. You need to consult with your PS to make sure what implant is best for you. You can not really 'pick' an implant size prior to surgery. Your PS should take measurements of your breasts to determine if a 400cc/450cc etc will fit in your pocket. There are different diameters to the way the implants are made. There is not a one size fits most implant so make sure that you are getting one that is right for YOU and what will fit and look the best on your chest with your BMI.

Shelby Brantley, MD
Jackson Plastic Surgeon

Best Breast Implant for Me?

+1

In regards to breast implant size/profile that will best help achieve your goals, I think it will be in your best interest to spend more time with your plastic surgeon. Careful measurements, dimensional planning, and careful communication will be key.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "C or D cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate.

The use of computer imaging may also be helpful during this communication process.

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

Should be fine.

+1

Yvette:

It's hard to tell without benefit of exam or photos but in general terms, 400 cc should get you to a large C/small D area. At 5' 2" I think these will really stand out on you!

Good luck.

G. Robert Meger, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon