Will 275cc Filled to 295cc Saline Implants Take Me Lower Than a B Cup?

Hi, I'm having my BA on July 10th and I am worried that my implants (275cc filled to 295cc saline, moderate profile, under muscle) won't take me further than a small B cup. I know it is very hard for a surgeon to estimate the final bra size but I would like a be reassured a bit. I'm quite thin as I weigh 108 lbs (49kg) for 5ft1 (155cm). My ribcage is 28inches and my breast diameter is 10,6 cm. Right now, I'm guessing I'm at 32AA/A at most. Will 295cc take me to at least a small C?

Concerns about size

+1
You should not be so concerned about cup size, but wheter your brweasts will look pretty. There is no real standard for cup size for bras. Based on the infomation you have provided I think you will be pleased with the result.

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Implant profile irrelevant in retro-pectoral position

+1

At size 32 each 100 cc's of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change.  If you are an A and want to be at least a C, you require 200 cc implants.  Certainly, 295 cc implants are more than enough.  However, in your photographs you appear to be asymmetrical with your left areola more lateral and lower than your right.  I would recommend a circumareola approach to reposition your areola and correct asymmetry.  The profile of the implants is irrelevant when implants are placed under the muscle since the muscle compresses the implant and modifies the projection.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Will 275-295CC

+1

You have nicely shaped breasts that will add a nice shape to your implants. Your waist is small and your rib cage is full and rounded. Both of these will accent the prominence of your new breasts. The photo is slightly angled but the left breast appears slightly lower than the right, and the left nipple slightly farther from the center on the left breast. It could just be the photo. But if you haven't noticed any difference, it should be less noticeable after the augmentation. The 20cc difference between the two sizes of implants is miniscule compared to the big improvement you're going to get and not worth your concern (It's less than 1oz.). In fact I suggest you try larger implants up to 400cc, put them in different sizes of bras in front of your breast and put some clothes over that to get a good idea what your new figure will look like under normal clothes. When you're sure you've gotten to a size that you know is too large then go back to the largest size you think you'll like. If you're trying to decide between two sizes that are no more than 30cc difference, my experience has taught me that most women are more likely to think they have chosen correctly when they go with the larger size. If you think you've gone too big when you first unwrap them, that's usually good, you have a little swelling and when you get used to them they'll probably seem just right. You'll see a big difference what ever size you choose and I predict you'll soon feel like they're your very own and forget what you started with. If you're concerned with other people noticing, just wear some loose fitting clothes for awhile and you'll probably find many people you see regularly won't really catch on as long as you stay out of a Bikini for awhile. A little anxiety about the right size is natural but usually is an unnecessary worry. I bet you'll look great whatever size you choose.

Joseph Hayhurst, MD
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

Estimating Cup Size after Breast Augmentation

+1

It is very difficult to accurately predict bra size based on pictures alone.  That being said, I believe that 295 cc is unlikely to take you to a C cup.  I strongly recommend that you try on the implant sizes you are considering in your surgeon's office.  Good luck.

Sacha Obaid, MD

Will 295cc Be A "C" Cup

+1

In my opinion, no you will not achieve a "C" cup with the size of implant. Having said that each bra manufacturer sizes run different from the next but in my experience I think you'll be in the "B" range. I recommend trying on implant sizers (again) and possibly going slightly larger. Additionally, the muscle takes away from the projection of the implant slightly.

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

+1

No for a small c cup you may need at least a 350 to 375 cc HP implant in my opinion based ONLY upon the posted photos. 

275 or 295 cc implants

+1

20 cc's is a very small difference. A baggy test will give you a rough idea of the size you will be and you can try on bras with this volume.

Questions about breast implant volume and augmentation surgery

+1

Number one, you have a significant degree of asymmetry and possibly have scoliosis causing a difference in the projection of your rib cage anteriorly.  You also have very little soft tissue to cover a saline filled implant.  If your chest circumference is 28 inches and your base diameter is 10.6 cm  I would be looking more at a high profile implant in the 300 to 325 cc range if you want to be a small C cup size.  I would think that the 275cc low profile implant may be too wide for your body.  You should also give some consideration to using a gel filed implant.  This is certainly a personal choice, gel vs. saline. 

Breast Augmentation Sizing

+1

What size implants?

Short answer: that size and style implant should give you your desired result.

Long answer: Bra sizes are confusing. More often than not, a woman is not wearing a correctly fitted bra, doesn't know her bra size, or doesn't know how a bra is fitted.

Cup size is dependent on the "number" part of the bra size... a D cup in a 34 bra is a different size from a 42 bra.

Outward projection is further determined by the "profile" of the implant. High school geometry: Height (projection) times Width (base width). A Higher Profile implant will give you a larger cup size for less volume than a Moderate Profile implant.

Furthermore, a saline implant looks bigger than a silicone implant of the same volume. That is because a saline implant is more oval (round on both top and base), while a silicone implant is flat on the base.

Some plastic surgery books have proposed the following parameters for breast augmentation:

32 bra: 100-200 ml per cup size34 bra: 150-250 ml per cup size
36 bra: 200-300 ml per cup size38 bra: 250-350 ml per cup size
Using that as a guide line you will likely be within the C cup range postoperatively.

William A. Wallace, MD, FACS
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon