I Am 27, 5'8'', 230 Lbs and Wear a 38I Bra. Do I Weight Too Much for Breast Reduction?

I have severe back pain, rashes under breasts and groves on shoulders. Even at a lesser weight, I was still a 38 around but for the last few years I have been at an I cup. It's painful, embarrassing and hard/expensive to buy bras. It's taking a physical and mental toll. I find it hard to exercise and complete simple tasks like sweeping because of back ache.

Breast Reduction Candidate

+2

Most insurance companys use a formula to determine if your breast reduction will be covered.  The formula takes into account a patients height and weight to determine the amount of tissue needed to be removed.  From your own height, weight and current cup size it would appear that you have plenty of tissue to meet insurance requirements.  The surgery would most likely help with your symptoms and self-esteem.  It sounds like you are a good candidate.

Medford Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction

+2

I think you would find a dramatic relief with a breast reduction. It would be preferable, but not essential, to get your weight down so your BMI is 130 or less. At your height that would be 195#. The reason for a lower weight is to reduce the risks of surgery.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Breast Reduction Candidate?

+2

Based on your description, you may be an excellent candidate for breast reduction surgery at some point.

Breast reduction surgery is one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform. By removing “excess” breast tissue, adipose tissue, and breast skin  this operation reduces and lifts the breasts to a higher position on the chest wall. By doing so, patients often find improvement in neck, back, and shoulder discomfort and find it easier to form their activities of daily living and exercise.

Timing of the operation will depend on the patient's life circumstances. In general, it is best to do this procedure (like all other elective body contouring the stages)  when patients have reached their long-term stable weights.  In doing so, improve the safety of the procedure and minimizes the need for further surgery ( in the event of weight gain/loss after the breast reduction procedure).

Breast reduction

+1

Sorry to hear that you are hafving problems. You may very well be a good candidate for breast reduction but you may need to lose weight first to get the  best result.  An exam is essential.