5'1, 115lbs, Lost of Extra Skin. 275 or 300cc For A Natural Look?

5"1 115lbs getting breast lift with gel implant. I breast feed 2 kids and have lots of extra skin. My doctor said 325cc would look great for me, but I think that will be to big. I want a sporty natural look. What should I do 275 or 300cc?

Not much difference

+1

Breast enhancement is a challenging procedure especially when someone has excess or loose skin. Often a breast lift (mastopexy) is required to tighten the skin and position the nipple over the implant appropriately. This means there are a lot of variables with changes in volume, skin tightness and nipple position. It can be performed successfully and you can have a natural result. Once you have narrowed it down to a size range that you feel comfortable with and that your surgeon feels will fit well within your breasts, the difference of 25 mL is minimally perceptable. Good luck.

Extra skin often requires lift, not just implants

+1

There is not much difference between 275 cc and 300 cc implants.  If you have lots of extra skin, the type of breast lift is most important.  The best lift avoids vertical incisions and boat anchor incisions.  There is a new technique (The Ultimate Breast Lift) with incisions only around the nipple that lift the breast tissue, elevate the nipple and will allow access for the implant.  The scar is hidden at the nipple skin junction.

Best of Luck,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Best implants and a lift

+1

Without an exam, it is impossible to guide you to choose the right implant for you.  The exam will give information of your anatomy and then your desires can be reviewed.

Best Breast Implants for "Natural" Look?

+1

The range of breast implant sizes that you mention  seem reasonable;  however, it is not possible to give you precise advice without direct examination and a full communication of your goals.

This communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "sporty” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

Deciding on breast imlant size.

+1

This is one of the most challenging (but funnest) part of doing plastic surgery on the breast.  However, no technique can improve on a careful discussion with your surgeon.  With that in mind, Mentor has a new TD sizer that has been very helpful for my patients, and insures that the patient and I are clear on their sizing desires.  In your case, the lift adds another variability that has to be considered.  Good luck.

Dustin L. Reid, MD

Implant sizing

+1

Sizing breast implants is more art than science.  There are multiple techniques including

placing implants in a bra, using measurement guidelines and photographic analysis.  In the end, you need to trust your surgeon is making the right decision for you based on the look you want.  The size is not the only variation you need to consider.  Implant projection is another important variable as well as type of mastopexy to be performed. 

John Michael Thomassen, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon