Will 270 Cc Give Me a Full C Cup? I Am Currently a Small B, 5'8'' and 117 Lbs.

Hello! My surgeon suggested 270 cc implants for me (under the muscle), but I afraid that I chose too small. I keep hearing that most people wish they had gone bigger after surgery, and I'd like to avoid this mistake. My goals are to be a full C, to be fuller and a little rounder with nice cleavage, and to avoid looking too "fake". I trust my surgeon's expertise but I would like to hear some extra input. Thanks in advance!

Hello

+3

Starting at a B cup and wanting to go to a full C cup 270cc sounds like you’re in the range. In our practice we tell our patients that 225 cc is equal to one cup size. If you’re afraid on going to small I would go just a bit bigger to hopefully not go to small. It has a lot to do with your body proportion too not just breast size. I would look in 290 cc to 320 cc range. Good luck. Without examine you it’s hard to be more specific.

B to C cup with 270 cc implants

+3

Usual caveat, you need an in-person examination with a BCPS.  Photos indicate you are full A/small B (smaller on left side).  I say around 200 cc will increase a cup size.  You are looking at going up about 1.5-2 cup sizes, so I'd guess about 325 cc, maybe larger.  Best of luck to you.

James E. Chappell, MD

Choosing implant size

+3

While it may be true that many patients wish they had chosen slightly larger implants, most are quite pleased with their decision and outcome. Those women who feel that their implant choice was too large on the other hand are more often very dissatisfied and feel an urgency to have another operation to get smaller implants. 

As a rule (and this is a "soft rule") a 270 cc implant will increase the breast by about one cup size. Better than choosing a size, since there are no fixed standards and definitions, is to try the implant on and see what looks attractive to you. Usually I will recommend an implant 5 to 10% larger, since the trial implants look larger when placed over the breast than the same size inserted surgically. 

Good luck and best wishes. 

Will 270 cc give me a full C cup? I am currently a small B, 5'8" and 117 lbs.

+1
Hello! Thank you for your question. In general, implant size does not correlate with bra cup size. The cup size itself will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer as well as who is doing the actual measurements. Thus, cup size is never a reliable indicator for your breast size. I typically encourage my patients not to communicate her desires in cup size but more on the actual look and appearance. Given your desires, a breast augmentation, with an implant or fat grafting, would be an ideal procedure that would meet your expectations. Breast augmentation is now the most popular procedure performed in plastic surgery today. One tolerated very well by women with minimal downtime and high patient satisfaction.

Good communication between you and your surgeon of your expectations is warranted - choosing your surgeon wisely is the first step. Discussion of your wishes and having an honest and open dialog of your procedure is mandatory (e.g, implant type, incision, placement, etc). Your height, weight, breast width, and body habitus will make a difference for which implant style/projection to choose. Implant profile will also make a difference on the projection, which will influence overall breast/cup size. I have found that photographs brought by the patient is helpful to get a visualization of the appearance you wish for in terms of size, shape, fullness, etc. In addition, your surgeon's pre and postoperative photographs should demonstrate a realistic goal for you of results. Sizers are helpful during an in-office consultation. Once this has been accomplished, allow your surgeon to utilize his/her best medical judgment during the procedure to finesse the best possible result for you after preoperative biodimensional planning and fitting the right implant for your breast width. This is the most important determinant for the sizing of implants, which will provide the optimal result and most aesthetically-pleasing result for you.

Consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon well-versed in breast procedures who will examine and discuss with you the various options and factors to consider and help you decide which one will be the right one for you. Hope me that this helps! Best wishes for a wonderful result!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Breast Implant size - starting with a B cup and interested in a full C cup

+1

A good general rule of thumb is to think that each 200cc will give you approximately 1 cup size.  If you are under 5'5" 300cc is very consistent in my hands to deliver a full C but avoid looking fake.  The smaller you go, obviously the less risk of looking fake. 

Stefan Mark Szczerba, MD

Will 270 Cc Give Me a Full C Cup?

+1

One of the other surgeons discussed the lack of correllation between implant size and cup size along with the fact bra manufacterers have no standard. Those are the facts. So I usually suggest to my patients to forget about the breast implant number and look in the mirror. What implant size do you like the best. If you want to fit into a particular size bra, bring the bra in and try on implant sizers. Find out what size implant sizer makes you fit that bra. Then you got it!

You want to get it right the first time. Use the mirror. Only you know what is the look you want.

Brett Edward Lehocky, MD
Bakersfield Plastic Surgeon

Confusing cup sizes

+1

Unfortunately there is no direct correlation between implant size and cup size. You may have noticed that some of your friends have the same size implant as others but have a different appearance and bra size. Moreover there is no "standard' among bra manufacturing companies to insure consistency. The best recommendation that I may suggest is to visit with your plastic surgeon and have he or she examine you thoroughly. Then try different size and style implant sizers to get comfortable with a "look" that you may correlate with a cup size that you are content.

William Loutfy, MD
Albuquerque Plastic Surgeon

Choose surgeon carefully, communicate well, then trust your surgeon to get best outcome from implants

+1

Hi there-

I'm glad you are confident in your surgeon- you have hopefully chosen them carefully, and for all of the right reasons.

As long as this is the case, the best way to maximize your chances of ending up as happy as you can be is to carefully communicate your desired appearance to him (photos are very helpful) and then trust him to do what is necessary to achieve that appearance for you.

I have always felt that committing to an implant before surgery is a grave mistake and greatly increases the chances that patients will be unhappy, because it requires the patient and surgeon to assume (guess) how the implant is going to look when placed- but every patient's tissues and muscles are different- so this guess sometimes works out, and sometimes it doesn't. 

While there are excellent plastic surgeons who do do things this way, I have always felt it is more appropriate to discuss goals and outcomes in terms of appearance.

Truthfully, when you embarked on this journey, you weren't dreaming of the number of cc's you wanted to have in an implant, or the letter you wanted to see on your bras, right? You were dreaming of how you would look in certain articles of clothing (and possibly even of how good you would look out of clothing).

In other words, the number on the implant and the letter on your bra should be secondary to the appearance you dream of having.

If that's not already clear- ask yourself this... If your surgeon puts in EXACTLY the implant you thought you wanted, but because of what I've described, you don't look the way you were hoping to look, are you going to be happy? Probably not.

You are much better off carefully communicating the appearance you want and then trusting the excellent surgeon you chose to get you there- with whatever implant is necessary.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS