27 Year Old Male, Improving Slight Nasolabial Folds?

Hi, I'm 27 year old and noticed my cheek drooping and Nasolabial Folds slightly. I've always been skinny, I used to weigh 108lbs but now weigh 154lbs through going to the gym, Will adding more weight help with this? I presume my face will fill out more, lifting up my cheek and reducing the folds?

Improving nasolabial folds in a 27 y.o. male

+1
Hard to give good advice without photos. If it is truly a nasolabial fold issue, the best approach is usually a direct approach. Injectables can be very effective in this area. They fill in the contour. Please see an experienced and well trained injector. They will consult with you and together you will make a good decision.

Laugh Lines (Nasolabial Folds) and Radiesse

+1

Nasolabial folds result from volume loss in the face.

Dermal fillers can be used to restore this loss to help create a more youthful looking appearance.

One filler to consider would be Radiesse. Besides providing volume, it is able to offer structural support due to the presence of tiny calcium based particles.

Here is an example of a patient where this was done.

Sanusi Umar, MD
Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Lifting the cheek with dermal fillers like Radiesse, Perlane, or Restylane helps with nasolabial folds

+1

As we age, or work out, we lose volume in our face.  This is due mainly to the fat pads dropping and atrophying.  The best way to replenish volume and help the nasolabial folds is to add volume to the the upper medial cheek area.  This will life the skin that is drooping in the nasolabial fold area.  You must use a filler with high a "G prime", which is Radiesse, Perlane, or Restylane.  I prefer blunt cannulas for this.  Please see my video.

Steven F. Weiner, MD