27 Year Old Considering Juvederm for Smile Creases- 3 Months Til Wedding

Hi, I recently lost 15 lbs and my face has slimmed down significantly. I now have smile creases around my mouth that are always present. The lines don't bother me when I smile, but the creases left behind after I stop smiling make me look 10 years older than I am! I'm getting married in 3 months and I'm considering getting juvederm in the next 2 weeks. I'm worried that it won't make a visible difference. Is juvederm an effective treatment for creases around the mouth when not-smiling?

Juvederm for Smile Creases

+1

Hi,

I think it is great that you are planning way in advance.  For your age, your skin tone should be pretty good.  Placing Juvederm to the "parentheses" around your mouth at least one month before your wedding will give you enough time to asess your results, recover from any minor injection marks, and decide if you need any more so that you have the perfect wedding photos!

Congratulations!

Dr. Liu

Newport Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

+1

You might want to use Perlane for the nasolabial folds instead.  It will give you a better result, IMHO.  Also, in my experience it's best to have this done well ahead of the big day....4-6 weeks.

Juvederm or Perlane

+1

Juvederm or Perlane are great facial fillers that sounds like it may do the "trick" for the concerns that you have. Of course an exam is critical. Doing it now 3 months before your wedding sounds like a reasonable approach.

Juvederm or Restylene is an excellent choice

+1
Both Restylene and Juvederm can be used to fill these lines. You should do the treatment at 1-2 months prior to the wedding to allow for touch-ups and allow the filler to settle into the creases in your skin. Unlike treating folds and depressed areas in which you see immediate results, when the actual skin has a crease, filling the crease with filler doesn't fully correct the line immediately. It's has to be there for several days to stretch the skin of the crease out. In other words, it's like a pleat in your pants. Even though you can stretch the pants out to eliminate the pleat, there usually is a remnant of the pleat there that will only disappear with time.

Carla R. Retief, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm for smile creases

+1

Juvederm and Restylane are used for the nasolabial (cheek) folds, lips, glabellar (forehead area between the eyes), cheeks, tear troughs, tail of the eyebrows, chin, jaw line, nose, depressed scars such as acne and chicken pox scars, marionette lines and the corners of the mouth. They work best for plumping up thinning lips, filling wrinkle lines on the lips, and for treatment of mild to moderate wrinkle lines on the face. Congratulations on your wedding. Hopefully that won't cause you to have more wrinkles.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Fillers for wedding should be great

+1

Getting a filler, either Juvederm or Restylane, within the next few weeks would be the best plan. You probably will love it, if you get enough. Will last until wedding and any swelling should be gone. Done wait until last minute. Remember, even with what you think are a few wrinkles, everyone will be looking at a beautiful bride so enjoy! 

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Juvederm for Smile Creases Before Wedding

+1

Definitely do it now rather than waiting.  The results will still be present at your wedding and any bruising or swelling will be long gone!

Sheri G. Feldman, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologist

Juvederm for smile creases

+1

Congratulations on the wedding!  It's a great time to have fillers for smile lines, as any bruising will be long gone and the filler will still be effective at that time.   

Michelle Spring, MD

Wedding

+1

I think Juvederm or Restyane are your best chances to soften those lines. Nothing remove wrinkles completely. However smil broadly at your wedding regardless

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Juvederm for smile lines is effective and safe

+1

First, congratulations on the wedding and the weight loss!

Juvederm is a great option for your smile creases. If you get the injections in the next couple weeks, you should have the maximum effect by the time of your wedding. Juvederm usually lasts about 6 months and sometimes longer. You also get the added benefit of collagen formation (natural) from the injection.

Gary Goldenberg, MD