I Am a 27 Year Old Female with Fair Skin and a Lot of Freckling on my Chest and Arms\

I am a 27 year old female with fair skin and a lot of freckling on my chest and arms (many tiny specks all over from sun damage). I am considering IPL--I have read about it for the chest area, but not the arms. What kind of results could I expect on my arms?

IPL on Arms...

+1

Great results can be expected with IPL treatments on the arms!!!  Make sure you go to an experienced provider for your treatments.  Also, expect to purchase a series/package of IPL's.  A single treatment will not give you optimal results.  Be sure not to tan before or after the treatments and I would even preferably recommend you getting these treatments during the fall and winter months...

Hope this helps.  Good luck.

Dr. Grant Stevens 

IPL and also the Fraxel 1927 Thulium laser work very well for Freckles on the arms.

+1

IPL and Also the Fraxel 1927 Thulium laser work very well for Freckles on the arms.  The Fraxel 1927nm thulium laser will also take off some fine wrinkles and give great results in one treatment.

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

IPL Works Well for the Arms

+1

IPL works very well for the arms.  It is important to commit to a series of treatments as it is possible for it to look a little striped after just one treatment.  This balances out after the series and is not a problem.  Make sure you are not tanned and wear long sleeves during your treatments.

Lisa Benest, MD
Burbank Dermatologist

IPL for pigmentation and freckles on shoulders

+1

IPL can be done successfully for sun spots and freckles on shoulders. You must research the expertise of the center in this particular procedure. Doing IPL for pigmentation on the shoulders and arms requires very detailed meticulous work, so as not to leave untreated areas that are quite apparent when compared to the treated ones. Also, the skin off the face, such as the arms, legs, etc, takes longer to heal. Strict sun protection / avoidance is also crucial for several weeks after IPL treatment. If the pigmentation is not too extensive (mostly small scattered spots) your doctor may also choose a Q-switched laser for great fast results. I hope this information is helpful. Dr. Bowes

Leyda Elizabeth Bowes, MD
Miami Dermatologic Surgeon