I'm Only 27 but my Face is Sagging?
- Asked by Pia31079
- 1 year ago
I've lost 12 kilos 2 years ago and since then the skin on my face became thin and my cheeks became hollow. I went to see a surgeon here where I live, in Tokyo and he suggested I'd have a lift. Isn't there a way to lift up the sagging, get rid of the hollow under eye and cheek area? Please help, I hate how aged I look at just 27.
Skin tightening after weight loss
Weight loss can leave the skin looking unsupported and sagging. There are 3 approaches to consider:
- surgically removing extra skin
- filling and supporting the sagging skin
- tightening the skin nonsurgically
Here are some specifics:
- Most patients want to avoid surgery if they can, particularly someone who is young. It may be a good idea, but when done without addressing lost volume, it may just make the skin look "pulled" and not natural
- The best way to fill and support the skin of the face is with a volume stimulator (read: collagen stimulator). Sculptra is ideal at creating generalized volume. Site-specific fillers can also be done as needed.
- Skin tightening can be achieved with various options that heat the skin and soft tissue. A radiofrequency device such as Exilis would be a good option to consider.
Skin Tightening Photos
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.