I've lost 12 kilos 2 years ago and since then the skin on my face became thin and my cheeks became hollow. I went to see a surgeon here where I live, in Tokyo and he suggested I'd have a lift. Isn't there a way to lift up the sagging, get rid of the hollow under eye and cheek area? Please help, I hate how aged I look at just 27.
I'm Only 27 but my Face is Sagging?
Doctor Answers (1)
Skin tightening after weight loss
Weight loss can leave the skin looking unsupported and sagging. There are 3 approaches to consider:
- surgically removing extra skin
- filling and supporting the sagging skin
- tightening the skin nonsurgically
Here are some specifics:
- Most patients want to avoid surgery if they can, particularly someone who is young. It may be a good idea, but when done without addressing lost volume, it may just make the skin look "pulled" and not natural
- The best way to fill and support the skin of the face is with a volume stimulator (read: collagen stimulator). Sculptra is ideal at creating generalized volume. Site-specific fillers can also be done as needed.
- Skin tightening can be achieved with various options that heat the skin and soft tissue. A radiofrequency device such as Exilis would be a good option to consider.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.
You might also like...
Ask a Doctor
Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.