Is 27 Too Young for Botox Around the Eyes?

I am 27 and due to stress and smoking i have gotten wrinkles arround my eyes. I have tried creams and they don't work. so i was thinking of botox but i'm wondering if one i'm to young and two how will this affect me later in life?

Botox around the eyes

+1

It's very difficult to assess the area around your eyes based on the photo you've provided. However, you aren't too young to have Botox injections and it would help with the wrinkles forming around your eyes.

Botox OK at 27

+1

Botox is safe to use at age 27.  However, the crow's feet respond nicely to topical creams as well, such as Renova or other retinoid prescriptions.  You can use this in conjunction with the Botox or even try it for 6 months first.  Certainly quitting smoking and reducing your stress will help not only your skin, but your entire body.  make sure your diet has plenty of fresh vegetables and fruits, and you minimize sugars, alcohol, white flour and also artificial sweeteners.

Burbank Dermatologist

Botulinum Toxin (Dysport or Botox) and Crow's feet in a 27 year old

+1

The conservative use of Botulinum Toxin (Dysport or Botox) to the lines around the eyes can provide you with a satisfactory and low risk treatment of the crow's feet.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/skin-procedures-chicago/injectables/botox/

27 not too young to have BOTOX around eyes

+1

27 is not too young to have BOTOX around the eyes. It really just depends on whether you really need it and how deep your lines appear. It’s only going to affect you later in life in the sense that it will relax the muscles and will probably make the lines less deep as you get older. So, in this sense, it will affect you in a positive way. However, once you stop having BOTOX injections, the muscles will slowly go back to their full strength and the wrinkles will return. But, these treatments are not known to have any deleterious effect if you start BOTOX at a young age. If anything, they have a beneficial effect as far as preventing wrinkles.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Age for Botox Cosmetic Around the Eyes

+1

While there are no strict age guidelines for cosmetic facial procedures, nonsurgical treatments are encouraged while surgery is generally not recommended for younger men and women. Based on your photograph alone, your skin already looks great, so Botox Cosmetic may yield limited results. A much better treatment for improvement of skin tone and appearance is to stop smoking, which will have a much better long-term results than any other cosmetic procedure. Only after a comprehensive evaluation can a plastic surgeon help determine an appropriate option for you. Best of luck.

Web reference: http://www.potomacplasticsurgery.com/med-spa/botox.cfm

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

You are not too young to stop smoking

+1

Check out my microdroplet BOTOX method on my website.  If you read this, you will understand that BOTOX is so much more than simply for treating wrinkles.  It is very effective for lifting the eyebrows and this can greatly improve your facial aesthetics.  Because I practice in West Los Angeles, I regularly treat many young women who are doing anything they can to obtain an advantage in auditions.  However, the number one thing you can do for yourself is to STOP SMOKING!!  This will immediately slow the progress of aging and help preserve what great about your beautiful looks.

Web reference: http://www.lidlift.com

Botox in 27 year old women

+1

If you have Crow's feet, the lines on the sides of the eyes, not lower eyelid skin wrinkles, then you can try Botox.  I have a handful of patients that have had botox for more than ten years, and have noticed that they need to come in almost every two months to maintain the effectiveness rather than the four months when we began. In case this is a real phenomenon then you should delay the treatment until you see the lines at rest.

Botox seldom used in women under 30.

+1

Hi.

Your photo does not show a lot of wrinkles.  And the young women we treat are usually in show business.  But Botox is safe enough if you wan to try it.  Remember you have to do it at least twice a year.

Age for Botox

+1

Every patient will age differently and develop wrinkles in certain areas at various times of their life.  This is dependent on genetics, ethnicity, expressiveness, and environmental factors such as sun exposure and smoking.  Botox is used more and more often in patients in their 20's for dynamic wrinkles or wrinkles in motion.  It works extremely well as an injectable medication that will help prevent future signs of aging.  Identical twin studies have demonstrated this well.  Botox has been used for decades in children with spasticity without significant side effects.  Botox or Dysport work extremely well around the eyes at low dosages.  Hope that helps.

Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.