I had 260g unders and was told I'd be a full C/small D, will this size implant EVER achieve the sizes my surgeon gave? (photo)

I am 6 days post BA,110 pounds , 5'5 I was an empty 32 A cup, asked for a natural full C , I have been given 260 g unders, told it would make me a full C / Small D.... I am very disappointed. When I woke from surgery I loved them but the swelling has gone down . I want to sit and cry after years of waiting and all the money me and partner have spent on this surgery.

Implant size

+2
Too early to tell so soon post-op. But, they are probably swollen and will in fact get a bit smaller ultimately. I would be surprised if 260 cc will take you to a D cup, however.

Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

+2

Poor size choice! In my over the internet opinion at least a 350 cc or even 400 cc UHP would have been a wiser option.//

Implant selection

+2

I am sorry that you are not happy with the initial results. I will often discuss volumes and have the patient try it out to share in the decision making process. Now you jsut have to give it time to heal.

Size

+2

I feel for you. I generally have pTients put implants in a bra till they come to the size they think they want to be. That way there are no surprises when the patient wakes up. I generally do not guarantee cup sizes because they vary so much from manufacturer to manufacturer.

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon

How to check your breast size.

+1

260 cc will usually make a person of your size a B+. However you look fairly full in the frontal picture. You can check your breast size by measuring in inches below your breast and then add 4" if its an even number of 5" if its and odd number. i.e. if you measure 28" then 28+4 will make you a 32 bra size. If you measure 30" below your breast then you would be a 34 bra size. Then if you measure the fullest part of your breast usually across your nipple you should be a larger number. So for example if you measure 34" then that is two inches bigger than 32". If you were 32" across the fullest part of your breast then you are an A cup, 33" then you are a B cup and 34" then you are a C cup, 35" then you are a D cup, etc. By using this technique you can calculate and measure for the proper bra size.

Benjamin Chu, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon