I Am 26 Years Old and I Am Miserable. Can I Be Considered for Full Mouth Implants?

i have all my natural teeeth except 1. i need so much work done and redone. i am in so much pain due to my teeth. i have migraines due to my teeth and sometimes i cant get out of bed and i throw up because of my teeth. i have an infection that wont go away because my teeth r so bad. they bleed constantly. i would love to make the pain go away and finally have a beautiful smile without worring if my teeth broke more or if they r bleeding. i cant even eat,kiss my children or husband. i need help.

26 and Miserable. Can I have Full Mouth Dental Implants?

+3

I'm sorry to hear you are having so much pain and many serious problems. I'm most sad to hear how it is affecting you, your kids, and husband.

I'm going to give you some really blunt comments based upon my 23 years of solving these types of issues:

First, find a dentist that you are REALLY comfortable with. 

Second, decide in your mind that you will do what it takes to solve these issues.

Third, commit to the financial investment it will take to do this.

Four, stay with it until you get across the "finish line".

More important than should you have dental implants is that your cosmetic dentist will need to get to the bottom of why your teeth have gotten so bad, stop that trend, and help you stay healthy for the rest of your life.

There may be issues about your diet, or how you clean your teeth that is a big part of these problems getting out of hand. A great dentist will compassionately work with your worries, your health, the "mental" part of this and finally your teeth and smile.

You need to have hope. This can be solved. It might be with implants, but it's just too early to tell. I really encourage you to start today. You have many options. Soon you will feel better.

Denver Cosmetic Dentist

Implants are a fantastic way to restore health

+2

It is very likely that you are a candidate for implants, however all other options should be considered.  It is possible that periodontal therapy and a few root canal therapies and restorations that all will be stable, maybe even beautiful.

The investment for full mouth implants and restorations can be very large, but tremendously satisfying.  No more bleeding and pain with complete function is a great situation after years of discomfort and bleeding.

The first step is to have an evaluation with a dentist to determine your situation.

Lance Timmerman, DMD
Seattle Cosmetic Dentist

Full Mouth Implants?

+2

Full mouth implants may be an option for you, but it's usually best to keep as many of your natural teeth as possible. Sometimes however, teeth are so badly broken down and/or infected that it doesn't make much sense to keep them. Implants could be the least expensive and most reliable option for you long term. The best first step for you is to see a dentist for a complete examination with x-rays. That's the only way to find out what's really going on in your mouth and what your options actually are.

Paul D. Kantor, DDS
Cleveland Cosmetic Dentist

Dental Implants Can Change Your Life

+1

Yes, it is possible to be considered for full mouth dental implants at age 26, but there may be other measures that can be taken to get you out of pain.  If you have not seen a dentist , go and see one.  They will examine you and refer you to the proper specialists if necessary. There are many reasons you may be experiencing these symptoms, but they need to be properly diagnosed.  If dental  implants are what you ultimately decide upon, seek the consultation of a board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon that will work hand in hand with your dentist to rtestore your dentition, smile and overall health

Brian Dorfman, MD, DMD
Phoenix Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

Full mouth implant restorations at 26 yrs. old

+1

Sorry to hear about your problems! From your description it sounds like you have a perio disease that causes bleeding and discomfort and infected teeth that most likely need root canal treatment that now causes you such severe irradiating pain. The consult with the specialist perio-restorative dentist will tremendously benefit you. In such cases the patient needs the full mouth evaluation, to define the condition of the remaining teeth and treatment plan. It can most likely due to your young age turn out that you just need minor restorative and perio treatment. But implants also can be a great viable option to you. Find the doctor that you`re comfortable with to define what will be the treatment steps and final outcome. 

Olga Kharevich, DMD, PhD (in memoriam)
Miami Cosmetic Dentist

Who is a good candidate for dental implants

+1

I can hear and feel the frustration and pain in your writing. Your situation is very frustrating and affects all aspects of life. I see many people like you in my office as they are referred to our office simply because patients like you need to get a lot of work done in each session and this requires experience and expertise. So first look for a reconstructive dentist that you really like and can feel comfortable with. Then look into all options of restoring existing teeth, and only place implants where there no chance for restoration of your own natural teeth. Multiple root canals along with periodontal therapy will alleviate pain, and infection, and then a full mouth reconstruction will complete your treatment. Your goal to have a beautiful smile in a mouth free of pain, odor, and infection will take a great mind set and a large investment. BUT it is possible.

Good luck. I wish you patience and good care.

Soheyla Marzvaan, DDS
Orange County Cosmetic Dentist

Keep your own teeth,implants have their own problems.

+1

After 3-4 appointments witha  good dentist your pain should be substantially better. If thats not happening then fine a new dentist. Pain of this magnitude is horrible and a well skilled dentist should cure that..

Michael J. Thomas, DDS
Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

Dental Implants and Cosmetic Dentistry

+1

There are not that many contraindications to dental implants and they can usually benefit most patients.  Are all your teeth really bad or are there some that can be saved with professional care and home care?  If you can save some teeth and place implants in the areas that cannot be saved it may be a better treatment option for you.  That being said, none of us have seen your teeth.  You might wish to have several consultations with dentists who have experience with dental implants and restorative issues.  Ask questions and ask to see photos of work that they have completed.  Discuss with them, how to prevent further issues once treatment is completed.  If you cannot do the whole case at once, ask if there are ways to phase treatment out over time.

I wish you the best and if you have questions after your consults, write back.

Ronald Konig DDS
Houston Cosmetic Dentist