I Am a 26 Year Old Active Male Who Thought I Only Needed Lipo :( but I Was Informed on a Mini Tuck? (photo)

well i thought at 26 id be fine for just lipo since i lost alot of weight over the years and im now 89kg, which is 7kg over my prefered BMI. so im close. and ive maintained this for years now. i know my body does not do too well with high carb diets and so i mederate them. 1) i really want to know if a tuck looks needed. also, 2) is BMI for an endomorph different than that for a dude with skinny legs? i mean i have much chunkier legs than some of these regular shape people :D

I Am a 26 Year Old Active Male Who Thought I Only Needed Lipo :( but I Was Informed on a Mini Tuck?

+1

Though you may have some loose skin, your age and current dimensions may allow you to get away with just liposuction.  If you need a small skin removal later that could be done in the future.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs HUNDREDS of tummy tucks and liposuction procedures each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Lipo or mini tummy tuck

+1

I agree with the other surgeons who have posted here.  I woukd offer you a liposuction procedure first, and despite your weight loss your skin may adapt well allowing you to avoid the abdominoplasty scar.

In the event you experience substantial loose or hanging skin post lipo (which I suspect is unlikely) you would most likely desire it be removed, which would involve a tummy tuck or abdominoplasty. It comes down to the likelihood and the risk. I think the most likely outcome will be that lipo alone will work well, and be enough.

Good luck.

Howard Webster, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction or Tummy Tuck

+1

Thank you for your question regarding whether you need a tummy tuck or liposuction to achieve your goals for a flatter abdomen.  I do a significant amount of body contouring, and I would recommend SAFElipo for you, combined with SmartLipo Triplex.  The SmartLipo triplex will have some additional tightening and it would avoid the necessity of an abdominal scar which many men find objectionable.  You would always have the option in the future for a tummy tuck if you didn't achieve your goals with liposuction. Please look for a board-certified plastic surgeon with extensive experience in body contouring to achieve best results.  

Steven L. Ringler, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Lipo or tummy tuck?

+1

Your photos are not the greatest. However, I think you would be e better candidate for lipo. Mini tummy tucks are almost always disappointing procedures.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD