I'm 26 but my Eyelids Are So Heavy. How Can I Fix Them? (photo)

I've always had slightly heavy eyelids but lately they are so bad they make me groggy having it push on my lid all day. Is this something I need surgery for or botox? Or is there anything else I can do? It's making me crazy. Thank you

Option to address heavy eyelids at age 26

+1

A blepharoplasty to conservatively remove extra heaviness in the mid to lateral eyelid area will alleviate how heavy your eyelids appear.  The incision would be placed in the natural crease of your eyelid and closed with dissolvable stitches.

Upper Eyelid Blepharoplasty Candidate

+1
Highly unlikely that Botox is indicated here.  Rather, you may be a very reasonable candidate for an upper eyelid blepharoplasty which, despite your young age, is not contraindicated, and in fact can make a huge difference.

Web reference: http://www.plasticsurgeryoftheface.com/pages/eyelid-surgery.htm

Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

I'm 26 but my Eyelids Are So Heavy. How Can I Fix Them?

+1

At 26 years of age, it's most likely that your eyebrows are low and this is causing the fullness of the upper eyelids.  This should be confirmed by an in person consultation during which your eyebrows are placed in the proper aesthetic position and the upper eyelid fullness disappears.

This would indicate a Brow Lift is the procedure of choice.  If an upper eyelid surgery was done instead, the eyebrows would actually be pulled down further after the surgery was done.  Lateral or partial Brow Lifts do not work or last and should be avoided IMO if at all possible unless you're seeking a short-term solution only.

Web reference: http://www.thepalmercodeinstitute.com

Lateral hooding of eye brow and eye lids

+1

There are procedures to change the way you look. Your main issue is the prominant lateral orbital rim. As long as you understand you are trying to change the way you look not to correct an aging eyebrow and eyelid there are procedures just for that.

+1

The one posted photos can not replace in person evaluation. But you might have either lateral brow ptosis or lateral upper lid hooding or both. Again in person examination will serve you better. 

+1

If you look through the popular magazines by the grocery checkout counter and you look at the young stars, a lot of them have upper lids just like yours and they make a living on their good looks. Your lids look great. There are surgical procedures to change your looks, but I would definitely counsel you to avoid them at this point.

It is essential that you know what you are looking at.

+1

Hi Niki

Your heavy sub-brow area is produced by the sub-brow skin and fat draping over a prominent brow bone which is an important aspect of your appearance.  Notice how your upper eyelid fold just rests against your eyelashes.  This is because the forehead is working to maintain this position.  Standard BOTOX forehead treatments weaken the frontalis muscle of the forehead which in you is working to help hold up the eyebrow and the fold.  Weakening this muscle with cause the brow to fall and also cause the fold to encroach on the eyelashes.  Neither event will be helpful for you.  My Microdroplet BOTOX treatment would help lift the eyebrow but the results are short-lived.

Standard blepharoplasty removes skin from the eyelid fold above the eyelashes.  The challenge here is that skin touching the eyelashes provides feedback to the brain that in turn sends a signal to the frontalis muscle to lift the eyebrows.  Removal of this skin will decrease the single to the frontalis muscle, relaxing the eyebrow which will fall after blepharoplasty.  This means that the eyes will look smaller after blepharoplasty even if the surgeon is able to successfully remove enough skin to expose the eyelid platform.

The alternative approach to the issue is to lift and stabilize the eyebrow with an endoscopic browlift, which is what I believe you need.  You might also benefit from a small anchor blepharoplasty.  A personal consultation would answer this question.

I agree with you that the awareness of this skin is a constant bother.  The key is to seek natural surgical results that enhance your beauty rather than have a surgery that creates a surgical over-resected look from over aggressive removal of the upper eyelid fold.  This fold needs to be carefully and thoughtfully preserved in anyone and especially for a 26 year old.

At 26 you should avoid eyelid surgery

+1

Your eyelid is perfect, and you should avoid any suggestion of surgery. What you can work with are cosmetics, such as shadows to brighten and open your eye, and perhaps Botox to open the corner without any risk.

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com/eyelid-surgery

Heavy eyelids.

+1

The photo is slightly from above. Even with that your eyes are beautiful and you should avoid surgery like the plague!! You can always find someone to operate on you!

Beautiful eyes!

+1

Niki, 

From your photo, it is tough to really appreciate your lateral eyebrow due to the overhanging hair.  

However, I would argue you have a beautiful look to your upper eyelid!  I do not think you could talk me into doing anything. I am sorry you are not happy with the look. Maybe I am missing something in the picture that would be more apparent in a personal exam. 

Richmond Plastic Surgeon