I'm 26 and Had a Hysterectomy and Looking to Get a Tummy Tuck

I had a hysterectomy after giving birth to my son. I was just wondering if I am at a high risk for something to go wrong, or if this is even a correct surgery for me.

Tummy Tuck after a Hystrerectomy

+2

If you are a good candidate for a Tummy Tuck (close to normal or ideal weight / realistic expectations, healthy, nonsmoker, loose abdominal skin, stretched muscles), having had a previous hysterectomy does NOT increase your risk factors at all. See a member of The American Society of Plastic Surgeons to learn your options.

Tummy tuck

+1

Your risks will not be due to having a prior hysterectomy.  At your age and health, it is unlikely that you will have a complication.  Good luck!

Shahin Javaheri, MD

A tummy tuck is safe after a previous hysterectomy

+1

Having a hysterectomy in the past will not put you at higher risk for complications should you decide on a tummy tuck in the future.

Christa Clark, MD, FACS
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck following hysterectomy

+1

In general, if you are otherwise in good health, you should not be at increase risk for a tummy tuck following a hysterectomy.

Go for it

+1

You are the perfect candidate for a TT . I assume you are not overwieght and have no medical problems. Then you should have the tummy tuck.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Previous surgery interfeering with an abdominoplasty

+1

A hysterectomy scar does not put you at any higher risk for an abdominoplasty operation.  As long as you are medically fit for the procedure, you can proceed.  Operations that leave scars on the upper abdomen do play a role at increasing the surgical risks for a tummy tuck.  Scars left from  Kocher's incision (eg: open gall-bladder operations) or Chevron incisions will interfere with the blood supply to the abdominoplasty flap, and are relative contraindications to the operation.  Small laparoscopic scars in the upper abdomen generally are OK to proceed with a tummy tuck.  

Dr.B

Michael A. Bogdan, MD, FACS