Under Eye Bags: Best and Most Cost Effective Way to Remedy This?

I just turned 26 and feel that I am far too young to have this problem. Looking back at old pictures it seems I have always had somewhat of a deep set eye, but my under eyes have become very bothersome, and I can notice actual bags. Concealer does not help, and I have tried cucumbers, preparation H (under my eyes,) and expensive creams from salons. I am at my thinnest and wonder if due to age and loosing weight, (also tugging on my skin when applying concealer,) has caused this.. and what to do?

Cost effectiveness and lower lid bags

+2

Most of my patients would give their right arms to look like you!  So, in your case, I do not see surgery as an option.  I do hear you about the beginning of aging under the eyes.  I've heard about Preparation H from other patients and would not recommend its use as it is not intended for the face!  For patients with more pronounced bags under the eyes, the question of cost effectiveness is a great one.  Restylane is a wonderful tool and is reasonably inexpensive.  However, it does require retreatment and, over time, that can be the equivalent of the cost of surgery.  Patients need to weigh the short and long term costs of treatment, down time, risks of surgery and their own emotional preparedness for surgery and come to the decision that best fits their personalities, lifestyles and pocketbooks!

You do not need eyelid surgery.

+2

Hi Gorgeous

Please do not talk yourself into having surgery.  Unfortunately, someone may actually take you up on your request.  You do not have lower eyelid bags.  What you have is a subtle lower eyelid hollow.  The best option for this is under eye filler with Restylane.  This treatment will last a year or more and does not require surgery.  However, it does require a skilled and artistic physician who is knows their midface and lower eyelid anatomy to get the service right.  Please do not be treated by someone's nurse.  Someday, perhaps, you might need lower eyelid surgery.  Now is not that time.

Web reference: http://www.lidlift.com

Restylane is great for under eyes.

+2

Hi.

From your picture, you do not need surgery.  Small amounts of Restylane injected deeply (under the muscle) in the line between your lower eyelid and your cheek (we call this the tear trough) should fix your problem.  But go to a really experienced plastic surgeon.

+1

the most cost effective implies the longest lasting assuming good results of course.  If you are a surgical candidate, then surgery will be cost effective. unfortunately, based on the one photo, restylane appears to be a reasonable option. Good news is that it will last a good long time and by then you will know if more is necessary. you can always switch to surgery if its not doing the trick. good luck

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Lower eye bags require lower eyelid surgery to remove

+1

From this picture, it's quite difficult to appreciate any amount of lower eyelid bags.  If the bags exist, they are created by fatty tissue that is only removed by a lower eyelid surgery.  I have performed this operation for over 2 decades and there is a subset of patients that have these lower eyelid bags in their teens and twenties...so you are not imagining things.  It can and does occur.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.