I'm 26 and my Breasts Are Starting to Sag. Should I Consider a Breast Lift?

Breast lift

+1

If the sagging concerns you, you may want to consider a breast lift.  This is a very personal decision.  I would need to examine you to give you a definite recommendation.  As you may know, there are four types of mastopexy: 1) Periareolar, 2) Circumareolar (donut), 3) Circumvertical (lollipop), 4) Wise-pattern, full lift (Anchor).  Depending on the degree of ptosis (sagging), you will need different types of mastopexy.  In general, as one needs more lift, the scar pattern becomes more complex.  Please visit with a board-certified plastic surgeon so that she/he can evaluate you and review the options for you.

Breast Lift Candidate?

+1

It is likely, considering your concerns,  that you will benefit from breast lifting surgery plus or minus breast augmentation.  Exactly what procedure you may benefit from will depend on your physical examination and goals. 

One of the major  and considerations is timing of the surgery  in relation to your life circumstances. Some patients prefer to wait until they have completed pregnancies and/or are in stable long-term relationships.

Most patients undergoing this procedure will accept scarring as long as their overall goals in regards to size, shape, contour and symmetry are met.   

When the time is right, consider consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Breast lift at a young age (26)

+1

The key issue is timing. IF you are very unhappy with your breasts, intimate ( but not concerned with scars) and do not intend on having children in the immediate future, then a breast lift is a reasonable option. Meet with a plastic srugeo to discuss the various techniques

Time for a lift?

+1

The ideal time is when you feel uncomfortable with your breasts.Also I would not do it if you are contemplating having more children Pregnancy will stretch them out so wait till after you are through having children.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift in a young lady

+1

Many of the breast lifts that we use today are not tissue invasive. That is, they do not penetrate the tissue and do not impede with breast feeding. With the various options of scars available we try hard to reduce the size of the scars as well. In general the shape of the breast wins over the scar. Use of appropriate size implants can be an important adjunct in lifting the ptotic breast. So age is independent of your presentation and if you feel that you have lost your breast shape then an appropriately done lift can be very pleasing.

Sepehr Egrari, MD

Needing a breast lift at 26

+1

Dear Whatsupkids,

You do not give us much details, neither posted a photo.

Unless your breasts are heavy and pendulous and give you back pain ( symptomatic macromastia ), I would recommend you to wait until you are finished with having your children, since your breasts will change after pregnancies.

best is to consult a Board-certified plastic surgeon.

sincerely,

Florence Mussat, MD

Florence Mussat, MD

Breast lift

+1

A breast lift can be performed in individuals if they are definitely sagging. Sometimes an implant can improve a loose breast appearance.  Considerations include future pregnancy as well.

Several Factors Determine Need for Breast Lift

+1

This depends on several things.  Do plan to have a family?  If you do then waiting until after you have finished having children may be wise.  Obviously the second issue is if you are a candidate for breast lift.  This can be determined by a board certified plastic surgeon.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Breast lift

+1

Breast lift is an excellent operation for the right person. There are 3 incision patterns which are used depending on the degree of sagging. Minimal sagging can be addressed with a incision around the areola. If the sagging is more dramatic an additional vertical incision from the areola to the breast fold is necessary. Dramatic sagging can require the above incisions plus an incision which runs along the breast fold as well.

Sometimes volume loss in the upper breast gives an appearance of sagging caused by volume loss. If that is the case a breast implant may be all that is necessary.

Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon to help you understand your options.

good luck.

Robert W. Kessler, MD, FACS
Corona Del Mar Plastic Surgeon

Breasts Are Starting to Sag

+1

No photo posted so best to see a boarded surgeon in your area to determine if you are a candidate for any type of lifting. From MIAMI Dr. Darryl j. Blinski