Severe Stretch Marks On My Stomach After Pregnancy?

My stomach has really bad stretch marks the skin is really saggy n very wrinkly what can I do

Tummy Tuck or Minitummy Tuck

+1

There are very, very few women who benefit from a minitummy tuck who would not do better with a full tummy tuck with a shorter scar.  50% of the tummy tucks I perform are short scar, which takes about 50% of the scar away.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tucks each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Stretch marks and loose skin

+1

Stretch marks and saggy, loose skin are the hallmarks of the ideal tummy tuck candidate.  A tummy tuck can remove stretch marks and loose skin located below the belly button.  Your stomach muscles can also be tightened up during a tummy tuck.  The trade-off is a scar that goes from hip to hip across the lower part of your stomach but, from your description, this sounds like a good trade in your situation.

Edwin C. Pound, III, MD

The Cure for Stretch Marks

+1

Stretch marks are truly only treatable by complete removal.  Usually post pregnancy stretch marks are located around the belly button and extend down toward the private parts.  The skin is usually loose and stretched out in this areas as well.  The best way to improve this situation is to perform some version of a tummy tuck.  Depending on the amount of extra skin and your anatomy, you may be a candidate for a mini verses a full tummy tuck.  The only way to answer this question is to review photos or better yet, schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.  Tummy tucks are one of my favorite procedures because it results in a tremendous improvement in your figure.  

Justin Yovino, MD, FACS

Treat Abdominal Stretch Marks after Pregnancy?

+1

Thank you for the question but it is not possible to give you precise advice without more information/pictures.  Generally speaking, most women who described “really bad stretch was” after pregnancy benefit from tummy tuck surgery.

This operation serves to remove the “excess” skin ( majority of stretch marks for most patients)  and reapproximate the abdominal wall muscles that have spread with pregnancy and/or weight gain/loss.

The “ideal” patient for tummy tuck surgery is one who has completed pregnancies, is psycho socially/emotionally/financially stable,  has an excellent social support system surrounding him/her,  is capable of arranging enough recovery time and who has reached a long-term stable weight.

When the time is right, seek consultation with board certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience helping patients in your situation. Learn about the potential risks/complications associated with the procedure as well as the significant physical/emotional recovery time associated with the procedure as well.

+1

It is not possible to give a specific answer without at least some photos. A tummy tuck will do a number of things, including

• tightening lax abdominal muscles
  • removing sagging skin
  • removing some stretch marks from the lower abdomen.

A minti-TT is only occasionally useful in patients whose problem is limited to the lower abdomen. 

Please consider adding some photos, and the chances of more useful replies will be much better.

When you are ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S. Thank you for your question, best wishes.